1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad setup for grandparents!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iPadFest, Aug 21, 2011.

1. iPadFest

iPadFest iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello iPadExperts.
    I've got a few iPhones/iPads synced to my iTunes, but am wanting to set one up for my grandparents to FaceTime with us when we move interstate. Just bought it and need to know which is better:

Is it better to just add it as another iPad2 on my accounte (as they wont have a clue how to do updates etc)

Or should I create a new account for them and set it all up from here in advance and just put some credit on it.

Biggest worry is once im living interstate, can i update their iPad2 or (god forbid) i'll have to talk em through it?

Hope you can help.
  2. DJKnutsen

DJKnutsen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd set them up as iPad owners with their own account... That should keep it clean down the road. Also... you might check out an app and/or program called "TeamViewer" that allows virtual control of a remote computer via WIFI... works really well... All they need to be taught is how to launch it, and once you have their ID, you can do whatever is required... They make versions for iPhone, iPad, MACs, and ... PCs
  3. singlestick

singlestick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I agree with the other poster that it might be better to set them up with their own account.

By the way, iOS 5 may make it easier for them to apply updates, so this is something else to look out for in the coming weeks.
  4. iPadFest

iPadFest iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks all!