1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad "see" nas server?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by alby750, Jul 23, 2011.

1. alby750

alby750 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iPad 2 can "see" lacie 2big network NAS server with daap service and Bonjour running?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 0
    I don't know the answer to this question, but I've moved your post to the Help section. I am sure someone will be along shortly to assist.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Marilyn
  3. alby750

alby750 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok now I can answer me... No is not possible!
  4. OUTL4W

OUTL4W iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0

Not sure if you mentioned if you were jailbroken but xbmc from cydia might help with that...it's free. Not sure if the app store version can though.
    Are you referring to iTunes Network Share (DAAP)? which has its very own library sharing protocol, DAAP. XBMC can play all unprotected files, (ie. all files not purchased on iTunes Music Store, which can not be played in XBMC because they are encrypted with Apple's proprietary Digital Rights Management Scheme). To enable sharing in iTunes look under the edit tab, click on preferences, click on sharing and enable the sharing check box. To enable itunes sharing in XBMC edit the path of the source with the IP address of the PC you wish to connect to. It allows you to play audio files stored in your PC or MAC iTunes library. DAAP does have some limitations, including crossfading due to protocol structure.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. miket5au

miket5au iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    There are a few apps that can see NAS shares - OPlayerHD and FileBrowser being just two examples.
  6. alby750

alby750 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MLPlayer or air player Are both app that works wery well for a NAS connection and AirPlay music remotely or streaming film. Great!!!