What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferr5175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so tired of wiping my screen because of finger prints, but if I put screen protector it takes away the quality and vibrancy of the screen! When I got the screen protector on my iPhone the colors didnt pop like they did without the screen protector. Anybody have a solution?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a Griffin stylus at Target and love it. It allows for more precise tapping and NO fingerprints! I guess any good stylus will do. Try one!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Reaction score
How does a stylus work for free hand type drawing? Nothing that needs to be fine point, just random doodles

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use it for writing or drawing but many folks do. I just like to tap away with the smaller and cleaner tip!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a screen protector the other day and applied it on my iPad and I agree about the colors not popping anymore and the screen does loose it's vibrancy. And the screen protector was like harder than rocket science to apply as well :mad: lol

padnewbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second the stylus! I just got the Griffin stylus (it was on sale on Amazon for $7 - Target sells it for $19.99!!) and I love it so far. I use it for everything unless I have something long to type out. But I will hopefully use it to write notes too.
I also an pretty fanatical about the fingerprints but don't want a protector. Pretty happy with the stylus solution.
Oh and I have a case that has a flap closure and the stylus has a clip so I keep it there. I know some people complain about losing the stylus or not having it when you need it. This works for me.

KreativeGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gamingbox.wordpress.com
i can see my iPad 2 glass protruding from one edge of the casing images attached below showing the difference in two ends of the panel is it something that i need to be worried about? kindly suggest

izz3f4.jpg

1p77uw.jpg

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like you have a dent, did you drop it? If it operates fine then I wouldn't think you'd have any issues. Try taking back to the apple store, I hear they're pretty good about exchanges

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ferr5175 said:
I am so tired of wiping my screen because of finger prints, but if I put screen protector it takes away the quality and vibrancy of the screen! When I got the screen protector on my iPhone the colors didnt pop like they did without the screen protector. Anybody have a solution?

Many of us, after having used protectors on different things, no longer believe in them that much. I personally think you should just get rid of it, the screen will not scratch under normal use. I too like to use a stylus and the Just Mobile Alupen is also very good. Now if you have young children using your iPad, that could be another matter... Good Luck!

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does a stylus work for free hand type drawing? Nothing that needs to be fine point, just random doodles

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

OCD champ about fingerprints here. I have three styluses, one for each hand. I've tried several and would STRONGLY recommend the iFaraday. (iFaraday.com). The fellow who makes them has several models. I use the "artist" version for sketching. (It doesn't improve my ability but it makes me feel like I have some.)

I don't usually claim that my choices are the only way to go. But in this case, I'm pretty confident that the iFaraday is far superior to any of its competitors. Smoother, virtually no drag. Requires no pressure, whatsoever. Just a great little tool.

P.S. If you're unsure which model to get, just go for the standard version in a random color (whatever he has available at the time.) Ten bucks is worth the risk.

iFaraday.com

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
My iPad screen is constantly plagued by finger prints. I used to clean with a cloth and keep it maticulously clean, but 5 mins later it was covered again.

Now, I don't care. Haven't cleaned the screen in months. I don't notice any more and don't let it bother me. It doesn't effect the use or usability.

In my opinion the best method here is just to ignore mucky finger prints and learn to live with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts