What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen won't turn on HELP!!!

tmanner86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so i have a 1st gen 16GB iPad wi-fi version. i recently updated to 4.2 developers copy. the ipad worked great for the last 3 or 4 weeks with no problems whatsoever. this morning i used my ipad to check email, put it to sleep and went back to it about 30-45 minutes later, and it wont turn on. it's fully charged. i connected it to itunes and itunes doesnt recognize it. I've pressed every button and fully charged it and i get nothing. i bought it less than a year ago, however i dont have the extended service plan. am i s*it outta luck? someone please heeeellllpp!

OP
T

tmanner86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holy crap dude it worked!!! thank you so much. do u have any idea why i may have run into this problem?:D:D:D:D

oxleygf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that same thing happen. I held the buttons waiting for reboot.

Didn't help. Looked it up in user's manual. Said to hold buttons 10 seconds or more. Tried that. Worked! I guess 4, 5 or 6 seconds, or whatever it was, wasn't long enough. That was a relief!

Most reactions

Latest posts