What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screen Protector

Toonce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go with Powersupport anti-glare on everything. I order direct, get them within days (iPad 2 still not available yet though).

They go on very easy, you can reposition them many times while trying to get them installed and as long as there's no dust, the end result is perfect. The surface ends up being very smooth, not remotely sticky or rubbery. I really does make fast finger movements easier (like with air hockey and such).

They do affect the screen appearance slightly, and I suspect some would not like that. It's probably a matter of opinion, as I don't mind it at all. It's offering anti-glare capabilities and I use my iPad in a variety of lighting conditions, so cutting the glare is a priority and the screen still looks great to me.

But if a crystal clear, totally unadulterated display is your number one priority, the anti-glare won't make you happy. I do have one device with the Powersupport crystal film, my old iphone 3, and it looks great, but just as shiny as an unprotected screen. The phones been through a lot, the film looks great, i imagine the screen behind it is still perfect. So both types offer great protection in my experience. That's why I'll happily wait until Powersupport ships an IPad 2 version.

zemtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anti glare is practically a requirement. I also use power support; and get it on almost perfectly with zero bubbles; but always with a millimeter of misalignment unless Im lucky. For me its not worth lifting up and reapplying a second time. I'll accept 99% perfection. Wish Apple would make an anti glare screen from the start; the glare I had sitting in front of a window with blinds; was indescribably bad and severe. Why did Apple go with a shiny glass screen? Prolly because the masses like that; but artists don't....

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Power Support as well. Good stuff. My PS Anti-glare screen protector on the iPad one transferred easily to the iPad 2 and fits nicely, albeit it covers the front-facing camera. But I don't use that camera, anyway.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

zemtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try your front facing camera; I bet it will work anyway....

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zemtab said:
Try your front facing camera; I bet it will work anyway....

Oh, it does. No complaints. Probably not nearly as clear as it could be without the protector over it. I'm thinking of taking a single hole puncher to it. But not a priority as that camera isn't one I will be using much. The rear facing camera is more important to me.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

zemtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well its not a high quality camera like the back cam. Try a diagonal V cut with scissors

alavatar.th.jpg]

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zemtab said:
Well its not a high quality camera like the back cam. Try a diagonal V cut with scissors

"High quality" and "back cam" on the iPad 2 aren't words you'd normally find in a sentence. The back (or rear-facing) camera has a resolution of some thing like .75 megapixel, which has some people up in arms. Me, not at all, really. I'm just thankful there's a camera on the thing at all. And it takes okay photos, IMHO. The video on both is better, of course, only because images are handled differently with video. However, I've noticed that, with good lighting, the rear camera actually DOES take decent shots.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think a "V" would be expose more of the bezel to dirt, oils, etc. than a single hole around the camera lens. In all reality, I may just leave it as-is because the subject-me-is only about a foot away most of the time. 

zemtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a camera; true the back cam is not great; but it takes a mean video shot.....just not stills

Most reactions

Latest posts