What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screen Protector

veggiop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fivefingers.me
Hi all,

Have recently jumped on the iPad bandwagon and wondered if any of you guys use a screen protector and if so what can you recommend.

Many thanks

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think a screen protector is really needed however if you like you can check invisible shields of Zagg screen protector.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not use a screen protector as I do not want to take away from the awesome iPad screen . I have heard that Zagg shields will create a funny feeling on the screen however the Moshi brand is better and much easier to apply.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen is pretty tough too; I've not seen many posts on this Forum from members who have damaged their screens (however, there was one recently, I have to admit). As the last poster said, it's an awesome screen with a great 'feel', real easy to clean and, if you keep the iPad in a case, it's just fine..

Tim
Scotland

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are so many choices and opinions. The IS does have a slight different feel to it compared to screen only. I just know Murphy's Law follows me around so I added one for piece of mind and will get used to the difference in feel. Now I don't have to worry if friends or kids use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unnecessary

I spent a boatload of money on iPad accessories … two expensive cases, bluetooth keyboard, several stylii, expensive iPad stand … but didn't bother with a screen protecter. Although my iPad is heavily used and is almost always with me, the screen remains pristine.

There must be environments where a screen protector is needed, since there are so many on the market, but glass is pretty hard to scratch and if you take reasonable care I doubt you'll ever regret not having screen protection.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadOhana said:
There are so many choices and opinions. The IS does have a slight different feel to it compared to screen only. I just know Murphy's Law follows me around so I added one for piece of mind and will get used to the difference in feel. Now I don't have to worry if friends or kids use it.

For me, there is a practical reason why having an antiglare screen makes it so much easier to use the iPad outdoors. The naked glass is just too reflective, like those old-style CRT monitors. At the same time, it's also a form of insurance, I guess - accidents do happen. Imagine getting a hairline scratch on the glass one day, and knowing that $15-20 could have saved it.

Alkra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried two different screen protectors myself and i can simply not stand the feel of them compared ot just the screen. The texture is so much more rough and grating ( at least on the models of screen protectors that I used) that it seemed like it was more trouble than it was worth. Also, as others have posted the ipad screen itself is very strong and resilient.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been using Power Support's Anti Glare screen protector for the iPad. I love it. Wasn't cheap and you only get one in a pack, but it's easy to apply and is very durable. It's the best one I've come across.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad about two months ago. I have since been using it for quite a few hours every day including travel abroad and in other 'outside-the-home' environments. I am not using any accessories other than a soft padded case for storing and carrying around. No screen protector, no keyboard, no stylus, nothing...! The iPad remains in pristine condition (except for those annoying finger smudges) and I can't really see the need or justification for accessories of any sort. As far as I can tell, the iPad is pretty much a stand-alone item.

iPhoneKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried at least 04 different screen protectors for my iPad. None worked allright. Until I found:MOSHI iVisor AG screen protector. it is expensive($30,00) but worth every penny. Try it you won't regret it because it will be the last protector you will buy for your iPad. ;)

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried at least 04 different screen protectors for my iPad. None worked allright. Until I found:MOSHI iVisor AG screen protector. it is expensive($30,00) but worth every penny. Try it you won't regret it because it will be the last protector you will buy for your iPad. ;)

I have read mixed reviews about the AG making the screen kind of blurry. What has been your experience?

Also, what about fingerprints? Does the AG get fingerprints on it easily?

-Mike

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just removed the anti glare screen protector and through it away after using it for one day. It really distorted the clarity and required the screen to be turned up bright. It did enable me ro read in bright sunshine better but was not worth the negatives. Hated the feel of it.

Rubenz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a Belkin protector and feels just fine, never as the screen itself, but is fine for me, I'll try it for a while..

Most reactions