What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen problem

MrBendan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm still new to iPad.
I'm having problem with my iPad 2 16gb 4.3.3 jailbroken.
I have set password on my iPad.
I'm using the china cheap case which still have the sleep function when you cover the screen.
My problem is that, when I open up the cover, the screen show the password screen which I have to enter my password. At this time my screen does not function. The only thing to let it work again is to restart the iPad. I have try to restart by pressing the home + sleep button together then it work fine. After 1 or 2 days it happen again.

Does anyone face this problem?
What should I do?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the iPad work normally if you don't use the case? As in, when you turn it on from sleep, does it work so that you can enter in your password?

Or, does it turn on and work okay if you turn off the password function (and just have the iPad start up when you removed the cover)?

If yes, then it's probably that "china cheap case" that's causing your troubles. Then, you might want to consider not using it...

Marilyn

OP
M

MrBendan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it work fine o not w/o the case... But im having the same case with my friends. My friends does not face this problem. Will jailbreak cause this problem??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I meant is - try using it without the case. As in, you have to run some experiments to eliminate one variable (the case). If it works fine without the case, then it's the case. If it doesn't work, then you've eliminated one thing that may hinder the troubleshooting and we can go on looking at just the iPad.

With knock-offs, it may not matter if another one works with their set-up. It's yours that's causing the issue.

So, after trying to operate the iPad without the case, you still have the same problem, let us know and then we can focus on the iPad.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts