What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD screen is displaying intermitantly.

steven83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,

i have an ipad 2 which will be displaying correctly one moment then just blank the next. when blank you can still see the back light on. Then the screen will display normal again . i have tried different screens and the ipad has been reset and restored. Other people have mentioned the fault caused by the motherboard. please can anyone help with how i can repair this fault on the mainbord.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello there,

i have an ipad 2 which will be displaying correctly one moment then just blank the next. when blank you can still see the back light on. Then the screen will display normal again . i have tried different screens and the ipad has been reset and restored. Other people have mentioned the fault caused by the motherboard. please can anyone help with how i can repair this fault on the mainbord.
Hello Steven and welcome to the forum. So that you may get more informed assistance, I've moved your thread to the iPad DIY forum. Best of luck there!
Andrew

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello there,

I would recommend you to make an appointment at the Genius Bar of you nearest Apple Store, since its a hardware problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I would recommend you to make an appointment at the Genius Bar of you nearest Apple Store, since its a hardware problem.

Hi Steven - sorry about your problem, but I agree w/ the above that you likely have a hardware issue which needs evaluation. If interested, check the iFixit Website which may provide some information as to the hardware issue - you're no longer under warranty. If possible, make sure that you iPad is backed up if you need a new device. Good luck - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts