What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad screen hacking?

jjoll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Today I though it would be great idea to have an Eink display for my ipad. I dont care about color and I want to use it for reading in outdoors. I researched online a little bit and found out about "Pixel Qi display kit" and retrofit it into my old ipad. What do you guys think about feasibility of this project? and what do you recommend? where should I start? I have electrical background however I have never done apple hacking that is why I am a little confused and intimidated.
thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Today I though it would be great idea to have an Eink display for my ipad. I dont care about color and I want to use it for reading in outdoors. I researched online a little bit and found out about "Pixel Qi display kit" and retrofit it into my old ipad. What do you guys think about feasibility of this project? and what do you recommend? where should I start? I have electrical background however I have never done apple hacking that is why I am a little confused and intimidated.
thanks

It won't work. The circuitry in the iPad is designed to support only the screen designed for the iPad.

Most reactions