What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screen Covers

mmaguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got a new iPad 3 and bought this case: http://www.webkomet.com/item/dodocase-essentials

It is pretty nice and will be good for packing it around like I do, but I also need a good screen cover. I now need one of those clear screen protectors, but I am kinda picky because I don't like how thick some are and kill the display clarity. Does anyone know of any good protectors? It's hard to tell if any are good without actually applying them.

Cheers!

:thumbs::thumbs:

woodchip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was one of the questions I asked the apple man when I visited the apple shop the other day and he assured me that IPad 3 does not need a cover because they are already coated with a protective coating and any cover will affect the clarity of the screen. However if a cover has been fitted do not remove it because it could remove some of the coating with it

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got a new iPad 3 and bought this case: http://www.webkomet.com/item/dodocase-essentials

It is pretty nice and will be good for packing it around like I do, but I also need a good screen cover. I now need one of those clear screen protectors, but I am kinda picky because I don't like how thick some are and kill the display clarity. Does anyone know of any good protectors? It's hard to tell if any are good without actually applying them.

Cheers!

Zagg Invisible Shield is one of the best out there............
But, I don't use one because they all affect the screen clarity and screen feel.......I like the stock look and feel of the iPad 3 glass screen.

I have a Logitech Zagg-Folio Bluetooth keyboard/case.............great protection for the screen and entire iPad. Plus it has a Bluetooth keyboard and only cost $20 more than the case you purchased.

Attachments

• Zagg-folio keyboard-case.jpg
    Zagg-folio keyboard-case.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 412

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I am simple in my case. I have a Zagg HD screen protector, leather Apple Smart cover and the Marware back protector. I had the Zagg BT keyboard case for my iPad 1, but sold it with the iPad 1 to a friend. I currently am using my Apple wireless keyboard when I need one. It is shared with my Mac mini.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience over the past week allowed to me to test multiple options for screen protection. First I went without anything except a smart cover and back cover. Loved having the screen without anything on it until I got a "scuff on the screen from a piece of paper (yes a piece of paper that was between the smart cover and the screen scratched the iPad). I then put on an zagg hd to hide the scuff. It went on straight but because of the size of the screen protector it's almost impossible not to get dust under it. After a piece of dust directly in the middle of the screen annoyed the crap out of me the entire day I decided to take it back and exchange it for a new one since I was in return policy. Upon exchange I returned the smart cover and got a Griffin Survivor case that has a built in screen guard. It's probably the best case I've ever used on any device and the built in screen seems to be ferry scratch resistant. It does add a little bulk but protects the entire iPad. The only drawback is if your in an environment with a lot of fluorescent lighting it will cause a bit of rainbow effect on dark backgrounds.

So while apple says it can't be scratched, I beg to differ, and while zagg is incredible (I have an HD shield on my 4s) it's a nightmare to not have dust under the screen.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to mention about the Logitech Zagg-Folio Bluetooth keyboard/case.............

When closed the protection is excellent and the screen only touches in 1 spot......a 1/8" wide soft rubber strip across the bottom length of the screen.
Otherwise the whole screen is suspended in air and nothing touches it during storage.
Nice! :thumbs:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmaguy said:
Hey guys,

Cheers!

Hi mmaguy,
Have you seen or heard about the Ghost-Armor products? They have a website you can visit.
I watched a salesman installing screen protectors to both iPhones and iPads.
They have a kiosk outside the Southgate Mall Apple store. I honestly couldn't notice any clarity issues...
One thing I was happy to see, before applying the screen protector, he would spray water on the screen then lay the protector on square and squeegee the water out the sides. So we can safely use a screen cleaner directly. I use eyeglass cleaner and lens tissues.
I currently don't have any protective film on my new iPad 3, but I don't or rarely ever take it out of home, other than to fly my Parrot AR Drone 2.0

Chas

joelepore154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody please let me kow about this. I put a Zagg Invisible Sheild HD on my iPad 4th generation today. I watched an awesome video by John Chow on youtube on how to do this correctly. The key was using alot of the spray so the screen protector just about floats on top the ipad screen, center it, hold it at one end and squgy out the excess water to the sides of the ipad and out. Done. Now 2 hours later there seems to be little bubbles forming and it looks like there is liquid still wet under the shield. Does this take a few days to dry proper????????? And if needed does it come off without messing up your screen?

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joelepore154 said:
Can somebody please let me kow about this. I put a Zagg Invisible Sheild HD on my iPad 4th generation today. I watched an awesome video by John Chow on youtube on how to do this correctly. The key was using alot of the spray so the screen protector just about floats on top the ipad screen, center it, hold it at one end and squgy out the excess water to the sides of the ipad and out. Done. Now 2 hours later there seems to be little bubbles forming and it looks like there is liquid still wet under the shield. Does this take a few days to dry proper????????? And if needed does it come off without messing up your screen?

Let it sit, theyll be gone by the morning.

Most reactions

Latest posts