What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen colors all messed up

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey that happened to me today but i just kept kitting it in the back then just pressed on the back for a while and it turned to normal
That method normally works when the problem is caused by a loose connector. There's no guarantee the problem won't come back, though.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it is caused by a loose LCD connector , which only needs to move less than a millimeter to cause the problem. Hitting the iPad just knocks the connector in place. This also applies to iPad 2's with no image at all, but still have sound. The permanent fix is to open the ipad, reseat the connector then apply kapton tape to hold it in place. Doing this properly takes me 15 minutes and leaves no marks, but doing it without experience is not recommended , take it to a reputable repair shop instead.

DesignDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome!

After MUCH more Googling, I found some others who had this same problem. They suggested to tap it on a table or clap the back of the iPad. Crazy, right? But I tapped it three times, then clapped it on the back. And voila! Beautiful intact colors again. right?

I already have an Otterbox defender case on it, but lesson learned: no more letting the 4-year-old carry the iPad around! Until recently I only allowed my daughter (almost 5) to use the iPad while seated on the couch, and never to walk around with it. But lately I have become complacent. No mas!

DesignDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome!

After MUCH more Googling, I found some others who had this same problem. They suggested to tap it on a table or clap the back of the iPad. Crazy, right? But I tapped it three times, then clapped it on the back. And voila! Beautiful intact colors again. right?

I already have an Otterbox defender case on it, but lesson learned: no more letting the 4-year-old carry the iPad around! Until recently I only allowed my daughter (almost 5) to use the iPad while seated on the couch, and never to walk around with it. But lately I have become complacent. No mas!
Hi there, joined this forum JUST to say thanks!!! This comment seems to be taked on to your post, but can't find another way. I had this problem once before after dropping. I am still hanging on to my old ipad 2 even though it is terribly slow (maybe I can find a solution for that!)
Anyway, I saw the tapping comments, but the thing that worked was 3 medium wacks on the center of the back! So happy. I tried harder wack on front, back and controlled dropping on the corners from 3"... The thing that worked was a more gentle wacking in the center of the back.
Of course Apple wants you to buy a new one!! I am suspicious of all updates, becuase it was fantastic and fast till the first update. Now it is always a struggle. Sometimes the typing has a full 30second delay!!
But thank you for this. It will live another day, because I can't justify the money right now

Setiawati

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I was up playing a game on my iPad when the screen turned white and everything was a different color. I was on my computer reading up on here trying to find what is wrong. Then my grand daughter of 10 woke up and was getting ready to go to school. It was almost 6 am. I said I think nana's iPad is busted. She came up to see then said... oh nana... then clicked the bottom button twice.. and voila it was fixed and back to normal. What did nana do? She said you must have clicked the button thrice. Gee and there I was tapping and slapping it praying it will go to normal. I told her she may get a job fixing iPad. Do I get paid, she asked and I shooed her off to school. I am glad it is over and I hope some of you may try this out too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are accessibility features that change the colors, making them easier to distinguish for color blind people. You can set various accessibilty features to activate when you tripple click the home button.

Settings > General > Accessibilty

Display Accomodations includes color inversion, filters, and black point controls.

At the bottom the Accesibilty Shortcut lets you set what feature or features will be turned on/off with a tripple click of the home button.

Most reactions

Latest posts