What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad screen blurry

newperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I am new to this forum. My Ipad's screen is blurry. I didn't drop it or anything. I tried to restore it and even updated the software. But still, NOTHING!! Has anyone experienced this issue before? I don't want to have to buy another Ipad! Please help!! .:(

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newperson said:
Hey,

I am new to this forum. My Ipad's screen is blurry. I didn't drop it or anything. I tried to restore it and even updated the software. But still, NOTHING!! Has anyone experienced this issue before? I don't want to have to buy another Ipad! Please help!! .:(

Can you post a screennshot of the problem?

OP
N

newperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1338610877834.jpg

see how blurry it is.

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newperson said:
see how blurry it is.

Hmm, looks like a hardware issue. If you've restarted it and nothing then probably you need to take it into an apple store.

OP
N

newperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I took it to an apple store. but i justed wanted to see if anyone had the same issue since the rep at the store said i'd have to pay $250 for a replacement since I'm out of warranty and he's never seen an issue like this before.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(

Looks like the graphics accelerator is failing :(

If we are seeing the "natural death" of an iPad I am concerned based solely on the timeframe between manufacture date and failure date.

While outside the warranty period are we to accept that within x months critical hardware components can be expected to fail?

Please let us know what Apple finds, says, and does for you and your problem.

Good luck to you.

OP
N

newperson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple didn't do anything. I was told I could order a replacement for $250 that was it. The rep trouble shooted the same steps I did and the problem was still there.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newperson said:
Apple didn't do anything. I was told I could order a replacement for $250 that was it. The rep trouble shooted the same steps I did and the problem was still there.

Well you see it is really impossible for apple to trust that you or someone that had access to the iPad did nothing to contribute to this problem. They don't know that you have not dropped it or left it baking in the sun or taken it into a sauna. You may be just unlucky but they do have to have some restrictions on giving stuff out for free you understand.

So they try to give you a fair replacement at pretty much cost. if it was me I would still be a little upset but realize that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
:(

Looks like the graphics accelerator is failing :(

If we are seeing the "natural death" of an iPad I am concerned based solely on the timeframe between manufacture date and failure date.

While outside the warranty period are we to accept that within x months critical hardware components can be expected to fail?

Please let us know what Apple finds, says, and does for you and your problem.

Good luck to you.

I would be concerned if we started seeing thousands of reports such as this but not on the odd one......in fact I don't think I have seen this particular issue before so it's a wait and see but I wouldn't worry about it yet.....if I see a BMW broken down at the side of the road I wouldn't assume that they'll all end up there at the same mileage/date, but if the road was littered with them, well............

The Archangel

Techi3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's pretty hard to accept, after paying $600.00 or 700.00 dollars for this product; there should be a process in place to replace units with known issues. Still in warranty or just out of it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sometimes you get lucky and the rep will give you a free replacement. It's hit and miss, though. If they won't replace it for free, there's nothing you can do, since the iPad is out of warranty.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's pretty hard to accept, after paying $600.00 or 700.00 dollars for this product; there should be a process in place to replace units with known issues. Still in warranty or just out of it.

Are you saying that Apple should extend the warranty to cover this problem? How much free extra warranty do you feel Apple should give away?

The OP's problem was almost certainly hardware related and if it had occurred within the warranty period, he would have received a free replacement.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts