What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad says Searching... Unable to activate iPad/Bricked.

OP
D

D. Fernandes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: tried updating to 8.1.2, did not happen through iTunes, it got downloaded all the way and while updating firmware threw an error. Hence, downloaded an ipsw and then flashed through DFU mode. Still came to activation screen and still said Searching... on the signal bar. While using TinyUmbrella, could not find .shsh blobs. Even if I tick request from cydia......Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I was looking through your text file and it appears you are running iTunes 11.1.5.5 (it's the second line in that file.

The earliest version of iTunes to be compatible with iOS 8 is version 11.4.

If we're lucky, maybe an update of iTunes to the latest version (available from apple.com) will help some of this? Just an idea...

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you may have discovered the reason for the update problem, Marilyn.

OP
D

D. Fernandes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I was looking through your text file and it appears you are running iTunes 11.1.5.5 (it's the second line in that file.

The earliest version of iTunes to be compatible with iOS 8 is version 11.4.

If we're lucky, maybe an update of iTunes to the latest version (available from apple.com) will help some of this? Just an idea...

Marilyn

Yes, it wouldn't let me update to 8.1.2 without updating iTunes first. So updated iTunes to the latest version, but got an error after it downloaded 8.1.2 on iTunes and while the status said ' Updating firmware', an error popped. So i downloaded the .ipsw and updated it through DFU mode on shift+restore.

The main problem is the signal bar says Searching... Any way to check if the hardware clipped apart or is faulty. I dont even require the SIM card slot now, just need my iPad working.

OP
D

D. Fernandes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i guesss...all i have now is a heavy textbook that doesnt open/work.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

OP
D

D. Fernandes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) guys,

Had a chat with Apple again....quoted my old reference number that i tried to troubleshoot few months back. Informed them the issue is not resolved and still occurs,being 6 months down the line.... Apple supported me real well this time, gave me extended complimentary warranty!!!! So now, local Apple has decided to replace my iPad!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Apple has excellent support i would say! Not cos im getting this freeo_O, but cos they understood and analyzed the issue and took the right decision.

A company offering a complete replacement for something this expensive, and no fault of the user...that's very human!

Truly Satisfied Customer.:rolleyes:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:) guys,

Had a chat with Apple again....quoted my old reference number that i tried to troubleshoot few months back. Informed them the issue is not resolved and still occurs,being 6 months down the line.... Apple supported me real well this time, gave me extended complimentary warranty!!!! So now, local Apple has decided to replace my iPad!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Apple has excellent support i would say! Not cos im getting this freeo_O, but cos they understood and analyzed the issue and took the right decision.

A company offering a complete replacement for something this expensive, and no fault of the user...that's very human!

Truly Satisfied Customer.:rolleyes:
That's wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know that Apple still has the best customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts