What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Sales May Already Have Topped A Million

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1-million--ipad-sold.jpg

MacNN.com is reporting today that online advertiser Chitika is claiming that over 1 million iPads have already been sold. Chitika is basing this assessment on their tracking figures of iPads seen coming through their advertising network, which include the number of unique devices to make contact. Chitika says that California, which they call the “iPadest state in Americaâ€, has the highest iPad distribution figures, of 19.12 percent of all iPads. New York has the second highest percentage of 8.3, while Wyoming has the lowest percentage of all, with just 0.03. Previously Chitika had erroneously claimed that 500,000 iPads had been sold just a few days after launch, but they say that they have since adopted a different accounting method that they consider to be more accurate.

Check out their website at iPad Stats - Chitika Labs to follow their real-time tracker of estimated iPads sold and watch as those digits just keep on ticking.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: www.macnn.com/articles/10/04/26/device.most.popular.in.california.new.york/]

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay for Pennsylavania being #7 !

I think that's great considering Apple is in California which happens to be #1 on that chart. Although the iPad is shipped from China, it's still relevant that Apple is headquartered in Cali. So, for the iPads to be so popular on the east coast is saying good things for the broadness of adaptation in reference to areas of higher populace and city technology.

Im sure WiFi hotspots have much to do with the use as well, it will be interesting to see how the iPad3G spans out as far as locations of use.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't forget, in CA apple is a local company for us...also having so many artists here it is a great marketing tool.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Texas is number 3, and very close to number 2. Not bad for us cow pokes. ;)

I don't know why,but I thought Cow Poke was something originating from Wyoming. But I am aware of the Texas, "where the Cow Poke's roam".

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After they very quickly revised there number downwards when Steve Jobs gave the 450,000 figure I would not trust their methods.

Most reactions

Latest posts