1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad sales in Sweden disappointing

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by mac, Jun 20, 2011.

1. mac

mac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apparently the iPad isn't selling very well over here.

"Ipad

Key reasons seem to be price and a lack of local video content availability (apparently the web player versions of the local TV channels require Flash).

And local magazines are pulling iPad editions.

Could be that Flash will be needed to succeed globally because local media in smaller countries can't afford to support multiple formats.
  2. Beerman

Beerman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know folks on this forum are tired of hearing it and Apple makes and lives by it's own rules but the lack of flash, for many, many folks, is going to be a continuous problem that I can't see going away. Yes, there are ways around it but there are many who don't want to spend $600 and have to find work-a-rounds.
    Me thinks Apple should re-think this but that's hard to do when you're selling 75,000 units a month!
  3. mac

mac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you're right Beerman. Tablets are still niche products. But if they start to become more mainstream, and Android starts taking large chunks of global market share because it caters to the needs of media owners in smaller countries (read: runs Flash) - then maybe Flash will appear in the iPad3. Flash's alternatives are just taking too long to establish themselves in the real world.
  4. SaberOne

SaberOne iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once Steve Jobs makes a stand (good, bad or otherwise) he’s nearly unbreakable. He called Adobe lazy and proclaimed HTML5 as the new standard. I suppose time, developers, and market share will tell.