What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad safari is horrible now

kyle.jennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone else's safari app completely horrible? I swear it crashes every single day or freezes up for 2 minutes, is there anyone else with this happening or am I the only one -_-

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kyle! I edited your language as we are a family forum not located in a bar. :)

Sorry you are having problems ~ have you tried a hard reset? Hold the home button and the power button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo. About 10 seconds or so.

Let it reboot.

Solves quite a lot of off the wall things ~

OP
kyle.jennings

kyle.jennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha yep, I've tried a lot of stuff ha and nothing works, I'm just using it and it randomly crashes on me I hate it.

Davek0974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try turning off cloud and all spotlight search functions. It usually bombs out on low memory according to the diag feature and cloud seems to make it worse.

migeliic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My safari works great even though my iPad is a year old

jjon99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goto Settings > Safari > Advanced > Web Site Data. See how much data is being held by sites you've visited. Delete. Also try Clear Cookies and Data. May help.

Since iOS5, Safari (I have recently learnt) consumes large amounts of memory (RAM), and needs this tidy up operation. Take a look at Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostics & Usage Data, and see if there are a lot of Low Memory diagnostics. If there are, check out which process is consuming most memory. If it's mostly Safari this could confirm your problem.

Alternatively, try a different browser. I downloaded Dolphin recently. Looks tidy.

You can't delete Diagnostic Data by the way (without a full reset). I'm about to raise a suggestion to Apple that they include a delete option in a future iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts