What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Rotation Lock

DAR1259

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rotation on my iPad is locked and I can't get back on. Should I use the reset all settings?

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DAR1259 said:
The rotation on my iPad is locked and I can't get back on. Should I use the reset all settings?

No, first check that you haven't accidentally moved the side switch (which is either set for lock or mute, mine is lock). The switch is just above the volume switch :)

You can change its settings here...

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Attachments

• image-1781243402.jpg
    image-1781243402.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Can you explain the problem any more, from what you say, firstly go into Settings, General, Use Side Switch To.......check what this is set too, if it is Lock Rotation then check the lock rotation/mute switch on RHS of iPad, make sure there isn't a red dot on the switch.

If this works then great, if not, come back with more info and lets see what we can do for ya

OP
D

DAR1259

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The general settings don't seem to affect it. I am afraid the sensor may have failed.

OP
D

DAR1259

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I powered down and the rotation function returned.
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts