iPad Reviews

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by whatevers, Jan 20, 2011.

1. GoPackGo

GoPackGo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Obviously my iPad can't really fully replace my (3 year old, bulky, and heavy) laptop, but that's what it mainly does. I use my laptop as "storage" for things I take on and off of my iPad. I certainly don't think it's a toy. In fact, after a week of using it, I've noticed just how practical it is - I watch movies on it, I read the news on it (yes, I can do this on the internet on a computer just as well), I'm going to be typing up school notes on it. Yes, I check social media and play games on it, too, but it's definitely a device I don't regret purchasing!!

2. rhk111

rhk111
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just posting my review of the Apple iPad 2, posted a couple of months ago ...
    - Edited by moderator - no links to blogs......read the forum rules

Edited by Gabriel1

#22 rhk111, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
  3. AchakKeise

AchakKeise
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The ipad is a great device.It is designed to make certain task very easy.Personally I found ipad is great application for surfing the web and email.

4. dcdon

dcdon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If only you were a Pilot, you would say it is the Holy Grail. Just one app (Fore Flight) does almost everything any pilot could would ever ask for. It even tells you all of the nearest airports fuel prices, and every bit of information to get there. Man, it is great. Gives the winds aloft "as you go". That in itself pays for the iPad, and the app on almost every trip.

I thank the late Steve Jobs and all of the hard working app developers. Kudos

blessings,
    dcdon

5. Sophy

Sophy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    cool!! very nice web

6. bobmielke

bobmielke
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so now I've had my iPad for 6 months or so. I certainly think of it as a valuable tool at this point. I've sold my Windows PC as well as two Windows laptops and am down to a nice iMac and my first generation iPad. I use it for everything. I carry a good chunk of my music collection with me to enjoy out of my apartment, my photo collection to show friends and strangers and my entire collection of 38 Kindle format books that I've read in the past 6 months since purchasing my iPad. I also own a Kindle. Obviously I don't do any creative editing on the iPad but then there's the iMac with Photoshop CS5 at home for that. Ditto concerning custom music playlists or burning CDs/DVDs. I use the ipad for appointments, lists of my prescription drugs, important contact information and directions on driving places. I have the basic wi-fi model but have no difficulty in the silicon forest area of Portland, OR finding a free connection. The extended battery life of the iPad compared to any laptop justifies the $400 price-tag I paid for the device. It is anything but a toy as I view it as a valuable tool in my daily life. I recently retired after a 42 year career as an electronics technician with my last 5 years of work going to making computer chips for Intel Corp.. I've been using and building personal computers since 1978 when IBM released their first PC. I may not be as smart as the originator of this post but I do offer extremes in the experience category. Oh, you may disagree with me at any time. :)

7. princessG

princessG
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I really agree. Awesome!!!:)

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Nice post, Bob!