What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad returns to home screen unexpectdly

Lawman60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad has started returning to the home screen after ony a few seconds on what ever application i start. The application abruptly stops and returns to the home screem, I am new with an Ipad and figure it is something I am doing but dont understand. I have an Ipad original 32g Can anyone guide me through this problem???

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This has happened to me with specific apps now and again. My solution has been to delete and re-install the app and that has fixed it. In your case I would g0 the cold reboot route and see if that doesn't fix things.

OP
L

Lawman60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but I am totally new to Ipad~~~what is a cold reboot???

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never heard it called a cold reboot.

But anyway ~ hold the power button and the home button down at the same time, until you see the Apple logo.

Let it reboot.

katem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having this problem too, but only with email. It started suddenly - I've had no problems with email in the six weeks I've had my iPad. Is this a common problem?

mrwompy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nworbcire.com
Email quits & goes to home screen

The same thing is happening on my iPad 2 (64G, WiFi only) with email. It has started in the last week. I've tried shutting down (holding down the power button) and rebooting (holding down the power and home button). I've also tried removing the email account, rebooting, and then setting up the email account again. None of this has solved the problem.

I can delete several email messages, then it suddenly goes to the home screen. When I go back to email, the deleted messages are back again.

katem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same iPad, and what you're describing is exactly what happens to me. I delete the same messages over and over, and now it just pops back to the home screen.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
katem said:
I have the same iPad, and what you're describing is exactly what happens to me. I delete the same messages over and over, and now it just pops back to the home screen.

Have you attempted to delete the messages from another device (e.g. Laptop, smartphone) or even from a web interface (if possible). There may be something funny going on with the messages.

mrwompy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nworbcire.com
There was one message that said something like "no content found" (or something like that -- I don't remember). Whenever I selected that message was when it would go back to the home screen. After several tries, I was finally able to select and delete the message quickly before the home screen re-appeared. This seems to have solved the problem ... time will tell!

Most reactions

Latest posts