What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad return policy?

Reaction score
Even though I spent 3.5h in line to get one, have I now decided to return the iPad 2, as it is not worth it.

It was bought on UK launch day, so 15days ago, which is over Apple's 14 day return policy. However, I had gotten a replacement unit earlier this week (new box, ipad, cable, etc.) and the receipt for that one says it was purchased last tuesday. Does this mean that the 2week return starts from when the iPad was originally bought, or did it get renewed at the time of exchange?

I will probably find out Monday, but would like to hear some opinions on this matter beforehand.

Last edited:

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think that it starts with the date of the replacement iPad. Just a guess though.

Good luck

Cya

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In USA, its the date of original purchase. Bc it's a booming product, they may not charge restocking. If they do, sell it!!

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
In USA, its the date of original purchase. Bc it's a booming product, they may not charge restocking. If they do, sell it!!

There are multiple ways of exchange:
-just a swap of iPads, you walk in with one, turn it in and come out with a new one. This was the case, when I exchanged iPad 1 for a 3G fault
-swap everything. iPad, box, charger, you even get a new receipt, where the date of purchase is listed as the day of exchange.

I know that for the first case, the return time does not get extended, but hopefully it does for the second.

Most reactions

Latest posts