What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad restriction lock

Fat Mans Pants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've had a restriction lock on my ipad so my kids, who play with it more than me, don't go deleting everything. But now I want to do some clearing out of apps that we don't want or need and I can't seem to be able to change my restrictions. It comes up with a 4 digit pass code panel, but I don't recall ever putting a 4 digit password on here. So I've tried a few codes that I usually use, but no success. Every time I try a new code the counter keeps ticking up. I'm up to try 5. I'm worried if I keep going the whole ipad will shut down on me. So my questions are: is there a limit of password entries? And, if I can't remember the code is there another way to get around this problem?
Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you wait a while (I'm not sure how long) the counter should reset.

You have to set the passcode to enable Restrictions, so one way or the other it was set. If you did not do it perhaps some one else did? If so, ask them.

If you can not remember the passcode you will need to restore the iPad. If it comes to that you'll want to make some preparations, mostly making sure you don't loose anything important in the process. iStore content is almost always recoverable. The documents in your apps may not be.

If you are unsure what to do, ask. Or search around. The question has been answered several times. I really should save a link or something for this one.

Most reactions

Latest posts