What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad restarts automatically

Rock345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me please - my ipad1 is out of warranty now and it keeps restarting once every 4 minutes.....it restarts > goes to home screen and then restarts after 4 minutes......I am not able to replace it as it requires another 400$ since Apple says its out of warranty.....kindly help.

OP
R

Rock345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Can someone kindly help me out - I bought Ipad1 in 2010 and last week, I came across the issue: Ipad restarts automatically. It is not a jailbroken ipad - i really dont know what is the issue - after every 4 minutes, it automatically restarts itself. I did all possible options - restore, etc, nothing worked. The service center is asking me to provide another 400$ for a replacement product as it is out of warranty.....Requesting for some help/ guidance please - to solve this issue....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Rock345:

First, welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you.

Have you attempted the old "tried and true" methods, a restart or a reset (they are different from a restore):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If that doesn't help, could you answer a couple of questions so we can try to figure out what's happening:

Was your restore a complete wipe of the iPad and a reinstall of iOS 5.0.1? When you did the restore, did you do a "restore from backup" or a restore as new. Do you remember when this problem started - and what you were doing/loading/playing/installing just before it happened?

Normally, if nothing works, and you've tried everything, the call is to do a restore (which is to reload the iOS on it - essentially, start as if it was fresh from the box). I don't understand why that didn't work - so, if you'll answer some of these questions, maybe others can chime in. Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. Please keep your questions to one post per concern/question; I've deleted two other posts you made about this same issue. Not only does it make it difficult to follow a conversation, it's against our forum rules. So, any response you make on this particular concern - please make them here. Thanks.

OP
R

Rock345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn, Sorry for the late response, thanks a lot for your reply....yes, I did everything, even went to the IPad service center to restore (I did reset, restart by myself before going to the service center).....the folks in the service center say that it is an issue with hardware and not software - thats why they are asking for another 400$ for the replacement device. To answer your questions,

1. Was your restore a complete wipe of the iPad and a reinstall of iOS 5.0.1? Yes, I did hold home and power off buttons in ipad and connected to Itunes (in my computer) until I saw the Itunes image along with the power chord image in my ipad and then i restored as a new ipad.
2. When you did the restore, did you do a "restore from backup" or a restore as new - restored as new ipad.
3. Do you remember when this problem started - and what you were doing/loading/playing/installing just before it happened? - I was just looking at my home screen but I do remember turning on the wi-fi accidentally (but i turned it off immediately)...Please advise.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a hardware problem, I doubt there's anything forum users can help with, except maybe recommend places that might fix it for money.

OP
R

Rock345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, That would be wonderful - please let me know any place where I can get the hardware serviced (I am ready to spend money for servicing it)....I am currently in India - is there any place in India or UK to get it serviced, please let me know...Thanks, Mukund.

LoveCambodia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New Solution and just try it

Can someone help me please - my ipad1 is out of warranty now and it keeps restarting once every 4 minutes.....it restarts > goes to home screen and then restarts after 4 minutes......I am not able to replace it as it requires another 400$ since Apple says its out of warranty.....kindly help.

Try to use all remain battery and recharge then ipad back to normal.

Most reactions

Latest posts