What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Repair?

WarreNi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was driving and had my iPad in passengers seat, someone got in the car and moved it to the back and didn't tell me. When I opened the door to get it out, it feel on the ground and the power button got stuck down. Apple will charge me $300 and just send me a new one and I give them mine... is there any company that is reputable and will repair it for less?

And I did not have insurance. Just a 32gb Wifi Only model

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ifixit from the app market has detailed instructions on tearing down many devices including the iPad. Should be of help

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a new one and charge it to the idiot who had no consideration for your property.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
The ipad is a closed device it is not about money it is about not being able to replace the switch thus it needs to be replaced

Isn't that what said about the iPhone, and CNN had an article on repairs of that...

OP
W

WarreNi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Guys, I don't have the money to buy a new one - This was a gift to me.

So no one has had any experience with digiexpress?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were me, I would call them up and ask them about getting it repaired. If it sounds like they can do it for a reasonable price, give them a shot. From what I have read through a quick Google search it might take some time to get the iPad back, but they appear to be legit.

If you do decide to try them out, give us a report back when everything is finished. I'm sure you aren't the first or last person that will need repairs at some point. Your input will probably be a big help down the road (as I nervously eye my daughter playing Plants vs. Zombies ....).

Most reactions