What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad reman versus ipad2

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Refurbished or not, the iPad2 will be faster than iPad1.

Of course the ipad 2 will be faster than any iPad 1, I specified it was refurbished since the OP was asking about refurbished iPad 1. I expect a new iPad 1 and a refurbished iPad 1 to be the same in regards to speed and both slower than an iPad 2.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't cut a piece of softwood with a refurb iPad!

The Archangel

Well, I'm out of luck then, particularly since I usually use hardwoods for my projects - :D

But, maybe I can get an app for the iPad that will run my table saw? ;)

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy again a 1st gen iPad just for the looks, I love the weight and shape fits better my hands. Some of my apps are better on iPad2 so maybe I will buy a secondhand iP2 in the future (next year, hahaha), but will never sell my first love.
By the way my MacBook Santa Rosita is also a great refurbished unit. Still kicking. Sometimes cheapoApple rules. :D

MaciBanner

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW - if one is interested in purchasing a refurbished Apple product (you now have me interested since I know my wife & I will want to read books on the iPad at the same time, esp. while traveling!), what is the best option?

Should one buy locally at an Apple store or order online? I'm assuming the the 'quality control' on these machines is similar w/ either option? Just curious and thanks for your comments - :)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think whatever is most convenient for you: not everyone has easy access to an Apple store, after all. Regardless of where you get it, they are covered by the same extensive warranty from Apple.

Most reactions