What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad reman versus ipad2

captainpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the price difference of the Ipad2 versus that of a remanufactured ipad worth it. I am interested in the 32gb wifi only?

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are kidding right? iDevices don't come down in price until the next version comes out... You are dreaming if you think waiting till the JB coming out will mean the iPad 2 is cheaper!!!!

Kenilik - New Zealand - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

IceManNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.kershner.com
I replaced my original one with the Ipad 2. It is faster, lighter and has cameras--- If you are tight on cash, might not be worth the extra amount, but it is to me. I live on the device....

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a NEW iPad 1 64gb WiFi from Verizon for $399.99 with free 2 day Fed Ex shipping. It came with a full warranty. Why consider a refurbished one at that price...
I received it on 5/18/11 and as of 5/28 they still had stock.. check their customer service (1-800-688-9290).

Rich

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can find a new one for less, then fine. A refurbished Apple product is as good or even better than a new one. I have made a practice of buying refurbished Apple products due to how well they are fixed, and the fact that they treat it as if it was a new one for warranty.

OP
C

captainpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad from Verizon

Thanks for the heads up relative to Ipad from Verizon. I bought one this morning at $399 price!!!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can find a new one for less, then fine. A refurbished Apple product is as good or even better than a new one. I have made a practice of buying refurbished Apple products due to how well they are fixed, and the fact that they treat it as if it was a new one for warranty.

I have heard this more times than I can count!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

SP - LOL :D - I suspect that was a 'tongue in cheek' response - I almost never buy refurbished products, although Apple may do a better job than others?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
SP - LOL :D - I suspect that was a 'tongue in cheek' response - I almost never buy refurbished products, although Apple may do a better job than others?

I almost always buy genuine Apple refurb products.......that's not Tongue in cheek.

The Archangel

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not true. I have heard this many times. Did I not say that? And what I hear as well is that most can't even tell that it is/was a refurbished unit. :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, like I said, Apple probably does a better job in rebuilding & repairing their returned products - thanks for the reassuring comments - I'd probably consider one in the future now - wife & I have downloaded a bunch of books already and are 'fighting over' who can use the iPad! Will need another one in the near future, I suspect - :)

My main experience w/ refurbished products are power tools - I'm an amateur woodworker, and even w/ the best brands, the quality control is not always the best - :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Well, like I said, Apple probably does a better job in rebuilding & repairing their returned products - thanks for the reassuring comments - I'd probably consider one in the future now - wife & I have downloaded a bunch of books already and are 'fighting over' who can use the iPad! Will need another one in the near future, I suspect - :)

My main experience w/ refurbished products are power tools - I'm an amateur woodworker, and even w/ the best brands, the quality control is not always the best - :D

Well I wouldn't cut a piece of softwood with a refurb iPad!

The Archangel

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 the day they came out. At work we recently got an iPad and they actually ordered a refurbished iPad 1. I can definitely tell a difference in speed between the two iPads doing regular things on the iPad (by regular things I mean opening non gaming apps, surfing the web, etc.). A far as the look of the refurbished iPad, it looks like new and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm now very glad I got the iPad 2 but if you need to save money then the refurbished iPad 1 may be the way to go for you, you need to see what your requirements and budget are. For what we use it at work the iPad 1 is perfectly fine.

Most reactions