What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Reincarnation

tnugent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I dropped my ipad. As a result, there was no visible damage but my screen began reflecting all weird colors. Although the apps all worked I couldn't really use them because they were in these weird background colors. Apple Care gave me a $270 quote for repairs and Best Buy told me it was worth nothing. On my way home my wife dropped it again but from about 4 feet on to a tile floor. Boy, I thought that did it. Instead it now works perfectly. So, if you get the same weird background colors my bet is that the video card or the connector came loose inside the ipad. Since it is virtually worthless in that state my suggestion is to consider "dropping" it or banging it to get the loose part reconnected. Fortunately it worked for me; it might work for you.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard this a few times, apparently the ribbon connector to the screen comes loose very easily.

Doobaloo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that - it worked!!!! Just had to tap it lightly on the desk and it came back to normal. The initial drop was minimal. I'd tried rebooting and also checking out settings but the simple bump did the trick!!! Too easy!!!!

Barb Major

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just tried this (tapping it) to restore colour and the screen has gone blank. HELP how do I get it back ?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have just tried this (tapping it) to restore colour and the screen has gone blank. HELP how do I get it back ?

What did you try tapping?

You might consider giving the iPad a few pats on its back. In many cases that has solved the issue.

Barb Major

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You might consider giving the iPad a few pats on its back. In many cases that has solved the issue.
I tapped the IPad to restore the colour and it switched off and showed no sign of life. I read another tip to hold the power and sleep button for 8 seconds
Google by Google, Inc.
https://appsto.re/gb/gjF-q.i

I did this and it powered off completely and couldn't get it going again. Then I saw another tip to hold the power button and sleep button for 8 seconds and hey presto a littleApple appered . It is now fully reformed with colours intact thanks so much.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thats good to know.

What you did was a hard reset, in can solve most of the minor issues in most cases, including a few major ones also.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Damn its just past a day now. Sure its a 'too' limited time offer. Tell me when there's another one though, please. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts