What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad rebooting again and again

GSheridan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am new.....having problems with my ipad......a few weeks ago it was rebooting again and again and i sent it to Apple and they told me it was fixed......it seemed that it was........last night i fell asleep while reading from kindle and now it is rebooting about every 2 mins.....i read in an old post on here that i need to turn off insomnia or that that could help......but my problem is that i don't know how to do that.......anyone got any ideas??.....i don't have time to sent it to apple again as i am going on holidays on Saturday and wanted to bring it with me.
thanks in advance :eek:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - this is definitely strange that you should get the same problem on two iPads...but, let's try something simple first - and it may sound bizarre - but let's force it to 'reboot'...

OK - sit down - a cup of coffee or (well, you're in my time zone so just about OK for a glass of wine)..

Switch your iPad off...

Now - press the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons at the same time until the white Apple logo appears - it can take quite a while - say, 20 seconds perhaps - it may seem longer but, trust me, that logo *will* appear..

If that happens you're good to go and the iPad will be up and running in a minute or so...

If not, get back to us and we'll try some other ideas....

We're here to help so don't hesitate to contact us..

Tim

PS I took my fiancee to Ireland many years ago - a wonderful time...

OP
G

GSheridan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Tim, i tried that and still turning itself on and off...........it is the same ipad (apple told me that they had fixed it)

i am in Cork, so might just turn up at Apple tomorrow and ask them to do something lol

binch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue, my ipad1 start to reboot itself over and over again, especially when I play some game. So I did press the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons at the same time until the white Apple logo appears, but it still keep rebooting randomly. I even tried to clean restore it without pull back the backup, it was ok for a while, but then the random rebooting was back. I got XsysInfo then I find that before it reboot the free memory is down to about 20mb, even I had only 1 application on. Do you think it's because of hardware or software? When I bought from a shop it was jailbroken 4.3.2 but I unjailbreak by restore it in itunes.

my ipad1 3g 64gb now running OS4.3.5 and I have 45gb free space

Thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you 'reboot' do you mean simply to return to the Home screen or a reboot - in the sense of getting the white Apple logo?

Tim

binch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, first I restore it with backup, then it start to reboot randomly. And I though, it's because I had running too many app. Then it's start to reboot more often so I restore it clean, but it still keep rebooting.

Most reactions

Latest posts