What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad questions

walgreenough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my third iPad...dropped the first two. Want to know why my husband can get his emails in Canada on his little Kindle and I can't on my iPad2 3G without first incurring international costs or getting a SIM card with its costs?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...what email account are you trying to use? Also, have you tried to access your email using wifi and not your 3G?

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my third iPad...dropped the first two. Want to know why my husband can get his emails in Canada on his little Kindle and I can't on my iPad2 3G without first incurring international costs or getting a SIM card with its costs?

Do you mean he's checking email on a Kindle e-ink device? Because Amazon offers free 3G with its ereaders since they figure you'll spend money on books and won't spend much time online otherwise, because the ereader browser is so painfully slow to use, lol. Amazon free 3G can sometimes work in parts of Canada, I've read. So your husband might be lucking out because of happenstance. Meanwhile, yes, iPad will need some kind of paid 3G data connection if you've got no wifi, myfi or tethering access.

OP
W

walgreenough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank-you.

Being old and decrepid, I don't understand myfi or tethering access. Could you explain, please.

And, yes, his Kindle is slow, but at least he gets his email. So far it has worked wherever we have gone. I tried to deal with Telus, but they charged me $34/month even though I wasn't even in the country!

Do you mean he's checking email on a Kindle e-ink device? Because Amazon offers free 3G with its ereaders since they figure you'll spend money on books and won't spend much time online otherwise, because the ereader browser is so painfully slow to use, lol. Amazon free 3G can sometimes work in parts of Canada, I've read. So your husband might be lucking out because of happenstance. Meanwhile, yes, iPad will need some kind of paid 3G data connection if you've got no wifi, myfi or tethering access.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Rogers SIM will cost you $15 a month for 250Mb of data, rising to $35 for 1Gb. This is non contract, cancel when you're done using it.

OP
W

walgreenough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow

Thank-you so much. That's great!! And when I want to use it again, do I have to buy another SIM?

Now for bonus points: I'm travelling to Bangkok and Bhutan. How do I get email on my iPad there? :)

A Rogers SIM will cost you $15 a month for 250Mb of data, rising to $35 for 1Gb. This is non contract, cancel when you're done using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts