What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad query

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there,

first time on the forum...hope this is the right place to post this.

Can you tell me what I can and can't do with an ipad (or the ipad 1) I really want 'something' that I can download TV series and films and books and then use in the garden if the sun ever shines and the rain ever stops.

I don't really want to spend a huge amount on the ipad 3 and was thinking about getting one of the origional ipads. How easy are they to set up and use.

I have an ipod touch 4G which is great but the screen size is a little bit small. The ipad with it's 9" screen seems a good idea. Is it !!

thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-you certainly can download movies and shows from iTunes and watch for later. Also check the app, Crackle. Free movies and show, but must have wifi to view.

Books are easy as well. There are many apps such as the one you already called iBooks. You can browse their free section and also their sections in categories. In addition, there are other book apps such as Nook and Kindle to name a few. Also, check with your local Library. You can download books from there if they have the capabilities set up for that feature. The app I use for that is Overdrive, but may have changed with the folks in the UK.

Also--I have deleted 2 duplicate posts pertaining to the same question here. Please do not do this as it makes it hard for members to read and respond to multiple postings you have created. I am sure it would also be for you hard to manage all 3 as well. In addition, duplicate posting is against Forum Rules.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

1p4d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased a ipad 1 as I wanted something a little bigger than my iPod touch/Dell. Mainly for surfing.

BBC iplayer is available in the apps store.

Last edited:

stevmg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am writing an e-mail or any "prose" how do I skip back to earlier words in a sentence or paragraph to edit them or add to them? The only way I know how now is to use my clumsy finger to try to move the cursor to the point in the text where I want to go. That is exceedingly clumsy. Is there any way to skip over letters or words from the keyboard without having to erase those letters/words that I am by-passing?

Thanks,

stevmg

Last edited:

stevmg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does "IPF noob" mean?

Also, what does "IPF noob" mean?

stevmg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, what does "IPF noob" mean?

stevmg

We have user title categories.

See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/31129-we-need-more-post-ranks-4.html

Also, rather than asking a very different question in an existing post, why not create a new one. This is recommended to best help you in the event that your question becomes unanswered because of posting in existing threads of dissimilar topics.

See this: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

jaidonmitchell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobilerepeatershop.com
There is no matter whatever your screen size you can download any television series from iPad but there has been memory storage in your device because if you haven't sufficient memory in your iPad so you can't download but if you have sufficient memory storage so you can easily download television series.

Most reactions

Latest posts