What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad query

Labigg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was given an older iPad a year ago and all has worked well til yesterday. The internet, email, and message apps work fine. But suddenly the App Store, Game Center, and games in multiplayer mode do not function. The search box in the App Store does not work. Even in the iPad settings menu, the App Store box freezes up and does not display it's settings.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to IPF.

You can try the following :

1. Logging out and reclogging in to your Apple Account.

2. If this does no work, try hard restarting your iPad.

HARD RESTART : Press and hold the home and power button simultaneously for about 10-20 seconds until Apple logo appears. Release the buttons then. You will NOT loose any data.

Good luck! Please post back your results! Have a nice time here!

OP
L

Labigg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! Shutting it down worked! I should know this by now. Have to do that on the desktop computer. I hope I can remember this simple remedy. Thanks again!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you! Shutting it down worked! I should know this by now. Have to do that on the desktop computer. I hope I can remember this simple remedy. Thanks again!

Glad that it solved your problem.

If any app misbehaves, a hard reset usually does the trick. Its a bit different from a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts