What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad PW

Wokiebear1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I had my login set up automatically. An update killed the auto feature, and I had to login. I could not remember it, and asked for a reset. NEVER RECEIVED it after 3 days. Did get the e-mail to go to this page and then you will be sent a reset, BUT took over 24 hours. I NEVER RECEIVED the password reset. I finally had to re-register just to access. Why?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I had my login set up automatically. An update killed the auto feature, and I had to login. I could not remember it, and asked for a reset. NEVER RECEIVED it after 3 days. Did get the e-mail to go to this page and then you will be sent a reset, BUT took over 24 hours. I NEVER RECEIVED the password reset. I finally had to re-register just to access. Why?

Are you talking about the passcode for the iPad lock screen? I wasn't sure who you asked for a reset.

In any case, I've moved this post to the Help section, because I think you'll receive better advice there.

Tim

OP
W

Wokiebear1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I checke the Spam mail -- not in there. I would get the notifications that a thread I was following had more posts. Frustrating!
:(

OP
W

Wokiebear1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm talking about the PW for the iPad FORUMS whether thru the icon on my iPad or via desktop. I could not remember the PW as I had checked to remember me. An update on the iPad cancelled the remember me...I think had to re log in on the Forums to do anything but read. The login sent me to the wrong PW or user name menu, use this form to reset. I did. Took forever (3 days) to get that letter sent to my email, which then directed me to click on this link to reset my PW. I don't click on email links. I C/P to my browser addie link. Then got a flashed message, very brief flashed messaged, that ANOTHER email would be sent to me with the reset PW info. NEVER got that. So I finally gave up and just simply registered with my secondary email address. Very frustrating.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry, you had such trouble, the update logged me out as well but I did follow the link which allowed me back in. these things are sent to try us and is very frustrating.

The good news is you didn't give up so I hope you enjoy your time on here. The members and moderators on here are wonderful so please enjoy it and try to forget your bad experience. We really do appreciate it!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So this a.m. I finally got the email to reset my original registration accoutrements, only it has a Sunday date that it was sent. I have a feeling AOL was the delay culprit. Took almost 12 hours before it came thru. All is well that ends well!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so pleased! All good, now enjoy!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i updated the app yesterday, i did not have to loging again, there was a one off special page that said about the improvements, but its been all plain sailing for me

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
When i updated the app yesterday, i did not have to loging again, there was a one off special page that said about the improvements, but its been all plain sailing for me

It's funny Karma but when I was on my iPhone on the school trip this morning, I had forgotten I had updated it but not used it and it would not load for love nor money. I had to reset the iPhone and switch it back on before it would work so you must have been lucky. The app wouldn't work without reset.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
It's funny Karma but when I was on my iPhone on the school trip this morning, I had forgotten I had updated it but not used it and it would not load for love nor money. I had to reset the iPhone and switch it back on before it would work so you must have been lucky. The app wouldn't work without reset.

Really, mind you i have the app only on the ipad, and not on any other device, so dont know if that helped. But before the update there was blank screen problem, infact i used the safaRi to browse the forum. After the app update its been plain sailing, no password or username malarky

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Really, mind you i have the app only on the ipad, and not on any other device, so dont know if that helped. But before the update there was blank screen problem, infact i used the safaRi to browse the forum. After the app update its been plain sailing, no password or username malarky

That is exactly what happened to me so maybe that was your way of correcting problem, I had to reset the iPad. Do you not have iPhone? IPF Is bait more basic but great for wifi iPad owners on the go!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
That is exactly what happened to me so maybe that was your way of correcting problem, I had to reset the iPad. Do you not have iPhone? IPF Is bait more basic but great for wifi iPad owners on the go!

I have iphone 3g, and i could use the app there but because of addiction i decided not to because my boss at work dont like us using too much internet and phones. I aldready got one addiction called trade nations which is a game, having ipf would be danger to my job. So only at home on the ipad lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
I have iphone 3g, and i could use the app there but because of addiction i decided not to because my boss at work dont like us using too much internet and phones. I aldready got one addiction called trade nations which is a game, having ipf would be danger to my job. So only at home on the ipad lol

But lunch, break, school trips, on the way home....... Okay, I'm addicted, no help for me!

As Gab would say, they are coming to take me away, ha ha, hee hee, ho ho!

Most reactions

Latest posts