What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad problem *urgent*

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ere's the problem,i connected my ipad to my PC and downladed 551 mb iPad update 4.2.1 version.I shift-clicked Update in itunes and pressed the file...It was updating for like 5-10 mins,and then it asked me to update itunes...I updated and now the iPad has a recovery mode picture but i see the battery,and when i connected to itunes after 10.2 update it said that there's a problem with my ipad and that they think that it may be damaged and cannot be activated for service please i need fast help on this one.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have downloaded the file from some other source besides Apple, yes? You should be able to go through iTunes and restore your iPad properly.

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i downloaded from another source,but iTunes rejects the iPad and says that it may be damaged and cannot be activated for service and some other stuff ill post a screenshot if i need to

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also,it was jailbroken and had psx4all snes HD cydia sources ifile boch and some other stuff does that mean anything

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gonna try DFU mode and see if it can help

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it just hangs on apple logo until i connect it to my PC ....and then it goes same as before

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its probably not your iPad that is damaged, but rather the file system.

You might want to try holding the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen then let go of the buttons. At this point you should be able to do a complete system restore to iOS 4.2.1 through iTunes.

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Succes...gonna try restoring from the same file...if it wont work ill try restoring directly from apple but im afraid that itll update to 4.2.3 which is unjailbreakable :(

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an Aple logo and a bar filling under it...same as before....but i hope that it'll work now...

OP
L

lukasic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot dude!!!!!!You saved my iPad !!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts