What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Pro

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPads just had a facelift, resulting in more storage. It's anyone's guess what Apple will come up with next September. They are unlikely to do anything between now and then. Next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, and big things are supposed to be in the works for that occasion, so the iPad might get left alone to a great extent.

If you decide on an iPad Pro, take a look at the specifications. I was surprised to not that the smaller version is actually more powerful in several regards, notably the specs of the camera. You might find that there are features that you can't do without in the smaller version, or that the bigger screen size is the game changer.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last October I debated about the Ipad Pro--or a Macbook Pro. I ended up buying the Macbook primarily because of using external drives, Adobe PS and LR because the Ipad Pro upgrade was an unknown. In February I still wanted and even needed (as my IPad Air got slower, battery use degraded) the Ipad Pro 12.9" so bought one with a good price from B & H in NYC. Had I waited I would have missed really enjoying using it--and I do from business uses to personal and photography too. The upgrade turned out to be the smaller 9.7"--which is nice but I would never trade my big Pro for the smaller--and I did keep the Air for streaming, occasional use for maps while traveling (my Chevy Colorado has Car Play with mapping, etc but the additional Ipad gives me option for exploring alternate routes, etc). The camera meant nothing to me, never used the Ipad camera (do use my Iphone and my SLRs) and the enhanced display for a photographer is really not useful for working with photos. So--as twerppoet says, its a personal choice--but waiting for an upgrade I found to be a fool's errand--the if and when--and what LOL.

I've had an Ipad since the second week of its arrival--and with every upgrade I chose to buy I had increased specs that made a difference. You need to determine for yourself what specs make the most sense for your intended uses. But--I haven't found a downer to the larger one for me, your circumstances may dictate differently.

Diane

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had my Pro 9.7 for a few days now, and it's a bigger upgrade from my old 3 than I'd imagined. The new color management really works, and the weight loss is delightful. I was gonna wait for new 2017 models to come out and buy a 2016 Pro at the presumed usual $100 discount, but when Best Buy offered it last week at $125 off I couldn't see waiting. Space Gray FTW! :)

CWilson01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
I myself own the iPad Pro 9.7 and I don't see how they could actually improve on what is out now... By far In several aspects the 9.7 is much better than the 12.9... Having the Apple Pencil is a huge advantage for quick notes, reminders. The speed is incredible. All around I love my 9.7 and couldn't think of not having it.. One more thing, I purchased a Zagg Roughbook case/ keyboard for mine and it can be configured in several positions... I use mine as a laptop setup and surprisingly the keyboard has certain buttons configured for the iPad.. So with the Zagg, Apple Pencil, and an airdrop printer using the iPad is now a lot simpler....

Attachments

• IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 211

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well. That's my wife's Christmas gift sorted out. There's a reason for posting that info in this thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts