What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro - buy or wait?

lifereinspired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been looking a purchasing an iPad Pro 9.7 for the last few weeks - but it's proving rather more difficult than I had imagined. Many places such as Target, Best Buy and more simply cannot even place an order for one - even backordered. I saw a few rumors, likely due to CES beginning tomorrow, about possible iPad Pro being announced/released in March. If it were you, would you wait or buy now? It's a significant investment and I don't want to make a mistake either way.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Rae

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You can certainly wait until the CES in Las Vegas is over to see if Apple is announcing upgrades to their iPad Pro line - don't know? But, I just went to Apple's website and configured an iPad Pro 9.7" which would be delivered to my house in a few days (see image below) - BUT, I'm assuming that you are looking for a discount - correct? Dave
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.38.19 PM.png

OP
lifereinspired

lifereinspired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, looking for a Wifi/Cellular 256gb Space Grey. I know I can still get it from Apple but there have been many sales from $804, $829, $849, $879 and so on and I don't want to pay full retail since sales do exist.

I also don't want to spend going on $1000 for the iPad Pro, the Apple Pencil and various screen protectors, case, etc only to have it eclipsed in a few short weeks. All the data points to a new version being released in March so I think I'm gonna end up waiting.

Thanks for your reply!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most likely at least one of the Pro models will be update in late spring. If Apple has decided to move to a two year cycle for Pro iPad updates (there's been a lot of speculation on this) then only the 12.9 inch will be updated, with the 9.7 inch modle to follow 6 months later, around the next WWDC.

Or it could be the entire line in the spring. Onlhy waiting will tell.

I'd wait, but I'd also avoid building up tons of anticipation.

Most reactions

Latest posts