What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro 1st Generation.

Carltonman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope some of you can assist on the following issue.

I purchased an iPad Pro from my work as they decided to replace them with a cheaper product due to constant high repair bills as coworkers kept dropping/breaking them.

I bought the last one left and when I tried to use it, it was locked to iCloud.
The I.T. department did not know the pass word etc as was set up by the employee that was issued with the unit and they have now left the company and they will not contact them. I would do so but do not know who the person is.

Is there a way to unlock the unit my self or has it to be done by a company. Prefer to try the do it my self option first rather than go the company route as have read bad reports online.

Thank you in advance.

Stuart.

OP
C

Carltonman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should really ask for a refund because there is no way for you to deactivate the iCloud lock yourself.

Unfortunately at the time I bought it I was advised that even as an employee there would be no refund as it was a previously used item.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately at the time I bought it I was advised that even as an employee there would be no refund as it was a previously used item.
In this case they sold you an item that is totally useless because they didn't exercise their due diligence by ensuring that the iPad was not cloud Activation Locked.
How did you pay for the iPad? If you used a credit card, you could enquire with your credit card company about the possibility of a charge back if your employer does not give you a refund. After all, it was through their negligence that the iCloud Activation Lock was not removed before sale.

OP
C

Carltonman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went back to them with the unit and they would not take it back and advised sold as seen.
At the time I paid cash as that was the only method they would take as the company provides a Product and Special Service within the Oil & Gas industry so are not set up for Debit card payment.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s extremely disappointing. After all, they still could ask the former employee for the ID and password he used to set the iPad up with or even remotely disassociate this device from his Apple account.

OP
C

Carltonman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ex employee left on bad terms with the company and has now had his Solicitor take legal action against them so the company will not approach the ex employee.
I asked if they could advise the persons name but they would not advise it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the company is the purchaser/owner of record, they (the company) may be able to get Apple to unock the device. That is about yoru ownly hope. There is nothing you can do yourself without solid proof of ownership.

Even then, I understand the process takes a while. Apple is extremely cautious about unlocking iPads, both to help discourage theft and protect privacy. Good luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try to go back to the original owner of the iPad some how.
That won’t help here as the buyer doesn’t know the identity of the user who activated the iCloud Activation Lock and the company he bought it from won’t help.

Most reactions

Latest posts