What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro 12.9

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an App that will help me seeing the condition of
my battery?
Thanks in advance BB

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Morning since downloading 14
I am getting the Siri sign on the screen. This is probably something I have done, l do not want it.
Can you please tell me how to remove it. Thanks BB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t know what you mean by “Siri sign on the screen”.

Siri no longer takes over the entire screen when activated; just a small animation with results in a pop up notification. To dismiss the results, just tap the screen, or wait a few seconds for it to go away. Other than that, it works pretty much the same.

If you don’t want Siri at all, you can turn off the various ways of activating it in Settings > Siri & Search

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer did you not get the sign in the corner after the update?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there an App that will help me seeing the condition of my battery?

Hi BB - I'll address the issue above - if you also have a Mac computer, the free app Coconut Battery can provide battery information for your computer and your iDevices; there is also a paid version (just $10 USD and which I use) that allows 'wireless' evaluation of your devices' battery.

Below are the results of a 'wireless' check of my iPad Pro - the top green bar is the device's current charge; but the more important information are: 1) Battery Health, the second green bar - this is a ratio of 'Full Charge Capacity/Design Capacity x 100 for a percentage - w/ aging battery health declines; and 2) Cycle Count - note that mine is at only 51 (you can find many Apple support articles explaining these numbers).

Apple states for their iDevices that after 500 or so cycles, battery health should be about 85%, so just a general guideline. Now if you do not have a macOS computer (the app DOES NOT have a PC version), then a call to Apple support (or a visit to one of their stores if allowed during this pandemic) can also provide a 'free' diagnostics - I've had MBPro and iPad batteries checked 'over the phone' with my devices on a Wi-Fi network. Good luck - Dave

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 11.37.52 AM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer did you not get the sign in the corner after the update?

I’m guessing the sing you are talking about is the colorful circle animation I mentioned. It should only appear when you activate Siri (either by voice or the power button), and disappear on it’s own after a few seconds. If it is always there, then something is wrong. If you have not done so recently, then try powering the iPad off and on again.

This is considerably less intrusive than the old Siri, which took over the entire screen when it was activated.

Here is what Siri should look like when active and listening to you. Otherwise, you should not see it at all.

299D0E1D-AAD4-4C4D-8447-C54886A34545.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts