What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro. 10.5 battery life

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else finding their Pro 10.5 battery life is exceptionally good? I always thought the battery life on my old iPad 3 gen was good, especially for its age but the Pro 10.5 is proving very good, well done Apple!

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Anyone else finding their Pro 10.5 battery life is exceptionally good? I always thought the battery life on my old iPad 3 gen was good, especially for its age but the Pro 10.5 is proving very good, well done Apple!
Might just be the new-ness illusion of going from a 4 yr old iPad to a brand new one. I believe benchmark tests show that battery life should be aligned with all previous gens. Obvious attention should be paid to uses as well, which all contribute to quicker battery drain.

If you're happy with it and it's working for you, it's great news and glad you're liking it.

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery life on my iPad mini 2 is amazing and I hope iPad Pro too continues the same tradition.

Atindra

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I’ve had my 10.5 since launch and I’ve had exceptional battery life for that entire time! For instance right now I’m at 85% having used the Pro for over 3 and a half hours over almost three days... I usually use it more than that but I was finishing up an ebook on my ereader so that’s why I haven’t used the Pro that much the past few days, but, I think 85% after 3 and a half hours of actual use is amazing!! Plus most of that time was w/ WiFi on and Apple Pencil connected through Bluetooth...

Standby time seems great too... better than my 12.9 (first gen) or my 9.7” pros...

Also thought I’d mention that certain apps that used to drain my battery rather quickly on other iPads, (namely MacLife magazine app) don’t do that on my 10.5 Pro...

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery life on my new iPad Pro is just amazing, the screen is pretty large and bright and yet the battery consumption is surprisingly low. I have measured its full charging time, which is about 3 hr 20 mins with its 2.4 amp charging adapter. While proper discharge time I have not measured accurately, but it is definitely 10 hrs or more.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to Settings > Battery, the bottom of the page shows how much you’ve used the iPad since the last full charge.

However, if your contantly plugging/unplugging your ipad all day like I am, the info doesn't tell you much.

It also tells you what percentage of power each app has used over a 24 hour or 7 day period; and wither it was one screen or in the background (tap the clock icon). I like looking at this, even when all it tells me is that I spent too much time playing Sudoku. :)

F53E2531-957D-4FC3-8678-A634B8FCFC77.jpeg

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I know that, poet. I keep a watch on battery consumption data, app wise and it also indicates that despite being so large and bright, the screen doesn’t always consume max battery. Which is kinda great battery management by Apple.

Atindra

Most reactions

Latest posts