What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad printing set up

layuphall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need Help With AirPrint Setup

Hello folks can some one help me i am trying to set up my ipad4 with a new printer i have never done this before , i have got so far but i am now stuck, my printer is an HP photosmart 6520 , I have looked on you tube for some tutorials but cant seem to find what i need, do i need to buy an app for this task or not , that seemed to be one suggestion i found online but I am not sure, I don't want to do that if its not needed, so at the moment the iPad and printer are not connecting with each other.
Thanks people would appreciate some help....Dave

Hi there folks , i have started a new post although i did post a couple of days ago, the help i was given didn't really help although i am grateful to to who ever it was, ok well i have been trying to get my new photo-smart 6520 HP printer to work with my iPad 4 for a couple of days now with no success , and i have followed this page and its instructions But have been unsuccessful

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...18972&prodSeriesId=5169038&objectID=c03314085

I have tapped the on off button twice as instructed for the print centre app but its not there where is it and why is it not there, i have gone through all the steps to check that my printer is connected to the router and thats fine.. The message that comes up on the ipad when i try to print is "no air-printers found" , So i really don't know where to go from here. This has got me well and truly stumped. If someone could help please

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello folks can some one help me i am trying to set up my ipad4 with a new printer i have never done this before , i have got so far but i am now stuck, my printer is an HP photosmart 6520 , I have looked on you tube for some tutorials but cant seem to find what i need, do i need to buy an app for this task or not , that seemed to be one suggestion i found online but I am not sure, I don't want to do that if its not needed, so at the moment the iPad and printer are not connecting with each other. Thanks people would appreciate some help....Dave
To use this printer with your iPad (it's supported), you have to connect the printer to the same Wi-fi network as your iPad.
This link may help, there's also a list of supported airprint printers: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you know that you should have just continued in that same previous post - Johanna asked you HERE whether you have your iPad & your printer on the same Wi-Fi network? SO, let's start again: 1) Your printer supports Apple's AirPrint technology (LOOK HERE); 2) How is your printer setup, i.e. attached to a computer via a USB connection, wireless to a computer, or other? and 3) Can you print on the device from your computer or other hardware. Let's start there - please respond and keep your questions in one thread - opening new threads just fragments the discussion and is annoying to responders (if not against forum rules) - good luck - this should be easily solved. Dave :)

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app from HP called HP ePrint, which is free, your printer has to be wifi and you will have to set it up to print to email on the printer. There are instructions on how to set it up when you download it as far as I remember. I don't use it much myself so I can't comment too much on it, the whole printing process on the iPad, in my opinion, is a chore if you don't want to invest in a new HP printer with AirPrint functionality.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, layuphall:

Giradman is correct, a new thread should not have been started on the same topic/issue. So, the staff have merged your two threads together. This is to prevent duplication of effort and fragmenting the conversation (not to mention that starting duplicate threads is against the forum rules).

Please keep any/all follow-up and additional questions about this issue to this thread, only. Thanks.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
layuphall

layuphall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry folks i apologise for starting a new thread on the same subject, thanks for your ideas and suggestions will try and get this thing sorted today.

Most reactions

Latest posts