What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Presentation

Martin32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, and don't own an iPad just yet as I have a problem I need solving before I purchase one....

I am researching giving a presentation for an installation piece. Here is my dilemma and if I could do this exactly how I want, it would be like this:
  • a wall mounted monitor shows a slideshow of images/powerpoint presentation on auto and loops infinately
  • an iPad or similar reflects this presentation
  • the iPad could also flick through the images as a remote to the main screen
  • the iPad can show different to that on screen - eg I speak to someone at the stand and show them a particular image, yet the main screen shows the whole slideshow as normal
I basically need to be able to speak to one person and show them something, while an audience can view something different on the big screen, yet have the 2 linked at the same time. I have a laptop available, dvd, monitor, and considering the tablet option.

I am a novice when it comes to this, and would really appreciate any advice on if this is possible, and the best way to go about this!

Many thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am researching giving a presentation for an installation piece. Here is my dilemma and if I could do this exactly how I want, it would be like this:
  • a wall mounted monitor shows a slideshow of images/powerpoint presentation on auto and loops infinately
  • an iPad or similar reflects this presentation
  • the iPad could also flick through the images as a remote to the main screen
  • the iPad can show different to that on screen - eg I speak to someone at the stand and show them a particular image, yet the main screen shows the whole slideshow as normal
I basically need to be able to speak to one person and show them something, while an audience can view something different on the big screen, yet have the 2 linked at the same time. I have a laptop available, dvd, monitor, and considering the tablet option.

Hi Martin - welcome to the forum! :)

I'll try to answer 'some' of your questions. I use Keynote (part of iWork for iOS) which mimics PowerPoint (of course not w/ the total depth & functionality of the DT version); PP files can be imported into Keynote (I'm a retired academic radiologist and used PP for years for my lectures) - Keynote has a looping feature and a slideshow presentation option.

The iPad can 'mirror' itself w/ wireless (w/ AirPlay - Check HERE) & wired (HDMI adapter to a HDTV or monitor) options; thus, the same slideshow can be shown on the iPad and also on an external video device. Controlling the iPad presentation will again be duplicated on the main screen.

NOW, you last need may not be possible - you would likely have to use 2 iPads, but maybe others will 'chime in' w/ their suggestions. Good luck in your search for a solution!

Most reactions