What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Order Shipping date changed again

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, what a tale. But at least you have it in your hands now.

I get the impression that they got so many pre-orders were so high that store sales were lower than expected. Two people I know bought iPads on their way home from work with no lineups. Looking at inventory this morning the stores still have some models in stock.

Accessories are a different matter altogether. I manage to get a case but the screen protectors have a wait list -hilarious because the iPads were still in stock when I was inquiring about the screen protectors.

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so to continue the travails: yesterday, I called FedEx a total of 3 times, and Apple once. As previously mentioned above, all four times, I was told very adamantly that the shipment had been delayed and that they weren't doing any Saturday deliveries, so I wasn't getting my iPad until Monday. So, in addition to taking Friday off, I had to take Monday off or I wasn't going to get it before I had to leave with it on Tuesday.

So, this morning, I idly refresh the FedEx tracking page to see if their system was finally reporting it as having left Memphis yet (agents told me that it was already in Canada, but as people found out yesterday, the online tracking wasn't updating at all). Lo and behold, the tracking status says that it's in Edmonton as of this morning!

"Huh", I thought, "well, at least they can deliver the thing on Monday."

I get ready to leave, and just before I go, I idly refresh the tracking page once more, just to make sure that they didn't ship the damn thing back to China, and what should I see? It's ON A TRUCK.

Despite the adamant reassurance of 3 FedEx agents that they were definitely not doing Saturday deliveries, and the explanation of an Apple agent that the e-mail they had sent me telling me FedEx would deliver it on Saturday was a mistake, THEY'RE DELIVERING IT ON SATURDAY.

So, I threw the brakes on my plans for the day, and am sitting in the lobby of my building, waiting for the truck to show up so that an act of God doesn't make him / her drive away.

But hey, maybe I'll finally get the thing?

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG that is crazy, if you hadn't checked you'd certainly have missed it completely.

It sounds like you need to call the 1-800 number, they can call the local depot and give you an eta and also definitely confirm it is on the truck.

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG that is crazy, if you hadn't checked you'd certainly have missed it completely.

It sounds like you need to call the 1-800 number, they can call the local depot and give you an eta and also definitely confirm it is on the truck.

It finally came while I was sitting in the lobby! I'm setting it up now. I still think that I might have to chew out somebody for all of the mis-information, but at least I have it! Thanks for the support during the journey. :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like growing pains those waits are quickly forgotten.
I asked the delivery man how many he had in his truck. He said twelve for this littl town of 60,000. They also HAD to do them all by yesterday, imperatively!

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad that everybody has gotten their iPad by today. It's been an excruciating journey, but I'm loving every minute of my iPad :)

The Wall Street Journal (subscription required) has got to be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It finally came while I was sitting in the lobby! I'm setting it up now. I still think that I might have to chew out somebody for all of the mis-information, but at least I have it! Thanks for the support during the journey. :)

Awesome! That's great that they still pulled through with the Saturday delivery. The rep on the phone had told me that those undelivered Friday by midnight would be done on Saturday regardless of location. I guess a bunch of the FedEx workers just raked in the overtime on Saturday!

Have fun and enjoy your now iPad filled weekend!

Most reactions

Latest posts