What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD PPTP WIFI Connectivity Problems

rob13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering if Aga2571 or anybody else had found a solution to this, I have the same issue....

PPTP VPN connects fine on my iPhone and iPad via 3G (iPad tethered and using the iPhones 3G)

Windows 7 laptop connects to the VPN fine via wifi at home

Neither the iPhone or iPad will connect via wifi at home, they connect, authenticate and after a few seconds disconnect..... 'you were disconnected by the communication device'......

I have tried my phone on the work wifi and it seems fine....

My PPTP VPN ports are open (and the windows laptop works??), I have tried turning off any encryption and security I can see on the netgear router, tried the 'channel 11 idea, the VPN server IP is also in a totally different range to my home network.

Any ideas, its driving me mad.

Thanks

Rob

pennywuhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the iPad 2 and was also having connectivity problems but I seem to have found a solution. I could connect to VPN on my PC and i can connect to wifi via my iPad but when i try to connect the iPad to VPN, it would connect on 3G but not on Wifi.

After reading the forums, and trying a few things, any one single thing didn't work but after trying a few things together, it seems to be working now. Here's what i did:

1. Go to iPad settings -> General -> Network -> Wi-Fi -> choose the wifi connection you're on and click the blue arrow -> change the DNS to 8.8.8.8
2. Go to Router Settings (i use Dlink) and change the default IP address. I changed it to 192.168.2.1
3. Setup your VPN on the iPad and click connect.

I dont know if this was just a fluke but everything's working great now. Hope this helps!:D

pennywuhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh and i changed the channel to 11 as well. Although i dont think that was what got it working. Then again I could be wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts