What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad / Powerpoint

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can iPad have an already written PowerPoint presentation loaded onto it, saved then delivered in a presentation using the iPad and a hi def projector ?

It's a question for my father who is interested in an iPad but he'll need the above function for his business in training.

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are several apps, including Apple's Keynote app that will import and play Power Points. Hold in mind that importing to another app can lose some of your formatting and features. However basic Power Points should import with minimal problems.

On the playing side, there are several solutions. A combination of an Apple TV and a couple of cables (VGA and HDMI) should cover almost all possible combinations of equipment and wi-fi availability.

That is about all I know, since I don't do this myself. But the answer is, yes it is possible, and it is being done by business and educational people all the time. The details, well, you'll probably want to do a bit more research.

A search (using the Custom Google Search at the top of the website) or just in Google itself should give you a multitude of how-I-did-it articles about using the iPad for presentations.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need a VGA connector cable ,sold at Apple stores, then plug into projector and away you Go, the PP slide will need a decent app to show , the AppStore has quite a collection of possibilities.

Most reactions