iPad plastic bulge?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Steelerdan, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Steelerdan

Steelerdan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Was checking my iPad closely to to clean and a noticed the black rubber that is between the glass and the silver edge was bulging out of one of the corners. Anyone have that problem? Do u think apple can fix or replace? I don't want it completely come off of it's track.

2. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    First I've heard of it. Did you drop it? You're probably better off contacting Apple for repair / replacement before it gets worse.

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    apple will fix it or replace it if you go into one of their stores.

4. iDharma

iDharma
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is that a bulge on your iPad or are you just happy to see me? J/K!

I agree...get that fixed while you're under warranty. Faults like that tend to get worse over time (and exposure to various ambient conditions—moisture, heat, etc—which may aggravate the problem).

5. Steelerdan

Steelerdan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Idharma that was funny! I don't recall droping and it's covered by a leather sleeve with plastic protected screen.if I take to apple store will they give me a new one or a refurb?It's just a littlte piece on the corner curve.

6. Bluesjam

Bluesjam
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Make sure you have all of your apps backed up before you take it in.

7. Steelerdan

Steelerdan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Return

So do I call apple store before I go or just show up?

8. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You don't have to backup your apps since Apple will let you download them again for free. You do need to backup any music or video you have purchased as well as any items you created with your apps (like pages docs). Just sync your iPad to your computer before you visit Apple and you should be good.

I would make an appointment via Apple's website or iPhone app. It will save you a lot of waiting at the store.

Please let us know what they do to fix your issue. Good luck.

9. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    you can make an appointment or walk in.. if they are busy on walk in then you wait.

10. Steelerdan

Steelerdan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The results

Well I took my iPad to my nearest apple store in Rancho Cucamanga,ca I had an appointment at 12 to 12:10 pm. Due to a flat tire and a freeway that's was closed I was late 1 minute.It was a mad house and more cuz the store is so small. Anyway my name had been called. I talk to a employee and they too care of me right away. She saw my iPad and noticed the rubber sticking out a bit and right away said " oh okay we will replace it". So out she comes with a iPad. I ask her if it was a refurb she said "no". It's cheaper to give out new obese than refurbs she said. I took like ten minutes and I was out of there. I also but the apple slip cover that is so hard to find at regular stores like best buy. So it was a good experience. Later guys!