What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad+pico Projector combo? Yay? Nay?

diglett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this video(still new, won't let me post vid) where a guy hooked up his iPad and projector and thought the idea was pretty cool. Basically just turn my iPad into a controller and play on a big screen. I was looking at the AAXA P3 because the price and specs seem like best balance (720p +$250). I wanted to know if anyone bought one before I order one and if they liked the brightness/resolution well enough

Last edited:

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never heard of an iPad hooking up to a projector. To get the most accurate results to find to get a projector for it, try asking the creator of the video what kind of projector it is.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
City said:
I've never heard of an iPad hooking up to a projector. To get the most accurate results to find to get a projector for it, try asking the creator of the video what kind of projector it is.

Many folks use projectors with iPads, a search of these forums will find many discussions about it.

As to the op, I think it depends what you are looking for and in what kind of setting(s). Pico projectors by their nature are very small so have very small light elements (LED's generally, from memory) but I have seen good and bad reviews of them, any chance you could get to a store that sells them to try one out?

The Archangel

OP
D

diglett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Oh the vid was actually of the AAXA P3. It looked like marketing but he was doing a review video of it, playing Angry Birds off of a widescreen projection on the wall. The resolution seemed pretty nice in dark lighting, not as bright as the iPad (but my iPad gets too bright to read in the dark sometimes).

OP
D

diglett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I've past noob status, here's the video so you guys can give me better opinions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67jVFxYiKRM

A
s far as going to a store, I might swing by a brookstone in the mall or maybe a best buy. My last finals are this weekend so time is kind of tight :(

LesleyIlic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Canon
portable projector
Rebel t1i and it goes where I go. I always take new photos, so it's nice to share them with people. I have a high capacity sd card so I can take and keep a lot of
mini projectors

OP
D

diglett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Canon
portable projector
Rebel t1i and it goes where I go. I always take new photos, so it's nice to share them with people. I have a high capacity sd card so I can take and keep a lot of
mini projectors

I really like that Idea. My dad use to have the old Kodiak Carousel. The one where you had to change all your pics into slides. I think this would be a cool thing to show him but with this new tech!

Most reactions