What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad photos

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is for the discussion of any niggles involving photos in the iPad 2.

OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me get started.I want to transfer stored photos from my iPad 2 to my PC.Please note that these are NOT camera roll photos.They are saved on the iPad's memory from some other external source.

OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does tha app talk to iTunes on your PC?

I am sorry but I don't get you.Please give me the simplest method possible.The photos in the iPad are photos originally taken by other devices and then loaded on the iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where, exactly, are the photos stored? If they are stored on the iPad, then they must be stored in one of your apps. Knowing which app will help us help you get those photos to your computer.

Marilyn

OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where, exactly, are the photos stored? If they are stored on the iPad, then they must be stored in one of your apps. Knowing which app will help us help you get those photos to your computer.

Marilyn
The characteristic PHOTOS of apple on the home screen with a thumbnail of a sunflower.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest way to transfer photos from the Photos app on the iPad is to connect your iPad to your computer with the USB cord. On a Windows machine (as long as iTunes is installed on that PC), you should get an automatic Windows Explorer popup. Elect to "open device to view files" and keep clicking on the folders that appear (one will be the "DCIM" folder) until you reach your pictures.

Right click and copy the photos you want and then paste them somewhere on your computer. I do not recommend moving them or cutting/pasting them from the iPad - it might interfere with the iPad's photo organizing capabilities.... Once you've copied the pictures you want, you can disconnect the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From the Photos app, you can use a myriad of ways to transfer off the iPad. For some reason, many people have an inversion to iTunes, so other options include using a third party photo transfer app like Photo Transfer App (my favorite), or via cloud storage like Dropbox, etc.

OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the Photos app, you can use a myriad of ways to transfer off the iPad. For some reason, many people have an inversion to iTunes, so other options include using a third party photo transfer app like Photo Transfer App (my favorite), or via cloud storage like Dropbox, etc.
Not transferring.Only the camera roll photos are seen when I connect the iPad to the computer.These photos which have been LOADED into the iPad storage are not even displayed.
Another non related question.How can I download PDF DIRECTLY into the iPad from the web ?

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad voice said:
Not transferring.Only the camera roll photos are seen when I connect the iPad to the computer.These photos which have been LOADED into the iPad storage are not even displayed.
Another non related question.How can I download PDF DIRECTLY into the iPad from the web ?

Once again, we need app names to clarify how we can help you. Do you have iTunes install on your computer? You designate in iTunes which photo sets are synced to iPhoto.

Your second question is answerable if you have some cloud service, like Dropbox installed on your ad.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ipad voice said:

Transfer apps go both ways onto the iPad and off the iPad. The app I suggested you can select from all albums, not just the camera roll.

Open the PDF in Safari, up the top you will see the Open In... Dialog. If you have an app like Goodreader, you can open it there and save it to the app for later use. It automatically saves under My Documents in Goodreader without any action other than the Open In... Goodreader from Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts