What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad photo management?

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have scrounged through the App store looking for a way to clean up the mess of photos on my iPad without success so far. I'd like to be able to create new folders, name and arrange my pics in some sort of order. Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks,
Mark

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
John,

Thanks. I would prefer to do it as a stand alone process.

Mark

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't know of any apps yet.
You have to organize on the pc first sorry.
If you find an app let me know.
I could use that very well.

jeaniwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo problems

I tried twice tonight to transfer 2 files from PC to ipad. The second album overwrote the first album. Why?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not do it in the Photos app. It's a very limited app with only two real purposes. To let you view photos synced from your computer, and import/store/send photes saved on the iPad. Well, it also acts as a source of media for other apps.

To nicely organized and view photos on the iPad you need a third party app. Here is a list of some of the better ones.

Photo Organization Apps: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

morvran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is a little old, but in case this helps anyone reading it I can strongly recommend the inexpensive Smart Photo Album by NexTiga as an excellent app if you have a very large number of photos to organise on your iPad or iPhone. There are several apps with that name or something similar, so be careful to check the developer's name (NexTiga). Most importantly, this app does NOT duplicate photos in the Camera Roll, so takes up very little space on your iPad or iPhone - and it's universal. Allows the creation of an unlimited number of albums and keywords. Albums created in Smart Photo Album (SPA) can be exported to the iOS Photos app and vice-versa. SPA allows photos to be selected by keyword(s) or album and deleted individually or as a batch with the deletions taking place in the Camera Roll and in any Photos app albums. If you have thousands of photos, it is much easier to find them in SPA than in the Camera Roll. SPA automatically and very quickly checks and updates its indexes each time it is opened to reflect any changes in the Camera Roll since last run. It also has an excellent and comprehensive help facility. I also recommend PhotoSync for transferring photos via wifi between iPhone, iPad and PCs.

Most reactions

Latest posts