What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad photo app

MLV1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having trouble emailing photos directly from the Photo App on my iPad. I select the photo, share via email and nothing.. no one receives them. My email is working fine I am able to both send and receive thru the email. The iPad is on my wifi and my mac book air is also. I do not have any trouble sending from iPhoto on my mac book air. Any suggestions?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the reverse, compose the email first, then add the photos. To add, hold until the menu comes up with the usual copy paste options, and if you tap the arrow, you'll get an option to add a photo.

See if that works.

OP
M

MLV1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea we have been copying and pasting them, but we were originally able to just email them directly from the photo app but for some reason are no longer able to.

Fred Garvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried mine....selected the photo in the app...chose mail (from several options) and emailed it to me...got it just fine. So, mine works.
I know that doesn't help you....but shows it's not a farther reaching issue....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea we have been copying and pasting them, but we were originally able to just email them directly from the photo app but for some reason are no longer able to.
Try the usual fixes:

Reset, restart, force close apps.

Reset:
Tap and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let your device power up on it's own.

Restart:
Turn off the iPad, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.

Force close apps:
iOS 6: double tap Home button to reveal the multitasking bar, tap and hold one of the app icons there until they start to wiggle. Delete the apps there.
iOS 7: same procedure to show the multitask bar, slide the thumbnails (pictures) above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

You could also go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. If one of the settings was preventing your device to send emails via the Photo app, this should solve it. You'll have to enter the settings you prefer afterwards.

Most reactions

Latest posts