What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad pet HATE!

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not possible to remove or disable Time Lapse, and there's also no possibility to revert to a version before iOS 8.2 or 8.3.

OP
I

islandman

Thanks for that info. I'm now asking myself what possible use is that feature

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't get it. Are you saying the iPad changes camera mode randomly or in a manner that's unpredictable?

Most people would check what mode the camera app was in before hitting the record/take a photo button. If you don't like the Time Lapse feature, then just don't select it.

Again, maybe I'm not understanding the problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't get it. Are you saying the iPad changes camera mode randomly or in a manner that's unpredictable?

Most people would check what mode the camera app was in before hitting the record/take a photo button. If you don't like the Time Lapse feature, then just don't select it.

Again, maybe I'm not understanding the problem.
I think the OP might be taking pictures without always double checking to see what mode the camera is in before taking a picture.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A little note:
When you take a video or use time lapse, the button is red. For photos of any kind (usual, square, pano), the button you press is white:
image.jpg

So when you want to take a photo/video next time, make sure the button has the right colour. :)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Alternatively, there are other camera apps that make it harder to get into time lapse mode accidentally. I like Camera Awesome much better than the standard Apple app.

OP
I

islandman

How good that post turned out to be and I will answer each comment in turn.

DHewson, I didn't know that time lapse had been introduced as part of the latest version, so when I flipped from photo thinking I was going to video, it was in fact time lapse, and happened to be a recording of my three yr old grand daughters birthday lunch that I wanted to send to her mother, who is currently serving with HM Armed Forces abroad for six months, and she had missed this special occasion. Had I been aware that this wretched time lapse was a feature, I would have made sure it had not been selected.

scifan, yes I appreciate that some people might wish to record a flower opening, but my bet is that they are a rare breed.

J.A. that red/white tip is good, I will remember it, and the red video has a white ring round it. Hopefully this will be seen in daylight.

and Lanny in St Louis, I will go look for that app and report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

islandman

How good that post turned out to be and I will answer each comment in turn.

DHewson, I didn't know that time lapse had been introduced as part of the latest version, so when I flipped from photo thinking I was going to video, it was in fact time lapse, and happened to be a recording of my three yr old grand daughters birthday lunch that I wanted to send to her mother, who is currently serving with HM Armed Forces abroad for six months, and she had missed this special occasion. Had I been aware that this wretched time lapse was a feature, I would have made sure it had not been selected.

scifan, yes I appreciate that some people might wish to record a flower opening, but my bet is that they are a rare breed.

J.A. that red/white tip is good, I will remember it, and the red video has a white ring round it. Hopefully this will be seen in daylight.

and Lanny in St Louis, I will go look for that app and report back.

PS

I think the exclamation WOW! comes to mind Larry in St Louis. I have installed your Camera Awesome app and yes, even without leaving my chair, I have taken a shot and am satisfied with the result, but more than that, the pinch to zoom worked a treat. Hopefully tomorrow I will give it a good test. Currently we have a sea mist that prevents visibility.

Without wishing to run down Apple, if this proves to be the success I hope it will be, I won't bother with the pre-installed camera stuff again.

OP
I

islandman

Pps. So pleased am I, that I have moved the pre-installed camera app to a folder called "unused" along with a few others, plus I have deleted a recently installed free zoom app, as your camera awesome doubles for both. Not only that, the risk of using time lapse is minimal for me now.

OP
I

islandman

Pps. So pleased am I, that I have moved the pre-installed camera app to a folder called "unused" along with a few others, plus I have deleted a recently installed free zoom app, as your camera awesome doubles for both. Not only that, the risk of using time lapse is minimal for me now.

I do keep forgetting to do two things. The first is that I forget to click the thumb in recognition that someone has helped me. Secondly I forget to acknowledge that YOU are thanking me.

Hopefully I say it enough that you accept my thanks, in fact I do it the long way, by typing, whereas the quick way is to touch the thumb. Anyway, enough for now, here in uk it's TV time.

OP
I

islandman

Good result in the end! Thank you for the better explanation, and I now understand your initial grief with the change in the Camera app.

Overnight I've had an idea. Whilst searching on this forum, I noticed (and let go) something which showed similar posts to my "I hate the ipad" post,where seemingly users of the ipad were ot happy with something so I will go and look for it.

Often one hears/reads, "it won't let me do it" or "I can't do it", when in fact "IT" will, and "YOU" can, it's just that you haven't been shown how. Once the explanation has been given, as yours was to me, it's surprisingly how good you feel, knowing you've achieved more out of it. So once I've found those posts, I'll see if I can help out there.

Charlie Fox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since changing from Samsung Galaxy to iPad, I have been more than satisified, in fact I am very pleased with all it's features, except one.

When I upgraded to this latest version, what came with it in Camera, is Time Lapse and it is this that I HATE and has put me off using Camera, in fact because of it, I could easily throw the damn ipad out of the window!.

Take this scenario. You take your ipad out and along the way,something catches your eye and you take a photo. It might be that you wish to use the video, that to is fine. But if you slide the screen the wrong way and your video is nothing but a photo, in all probability you've got a good record of whatever it was.

Likewise, if any photo happens to be a video, then this too is acceptable, because you can capture a frame.

But with this wretched Time Lapse, you can do NEITHER. So apart from those people that actually find a use for it, I'd say the majority will after experimentation, not use it again.

I cannot see any way of removing the feature, if anyone knows how to, they will have my eternal thanks.

If it is felt the only way of removing it is to take the operating system back, then I'd willing do that, if I knew how to.
Try again, just move from time lapse to photo, all done.

Most reactions

Latest posts