What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Passwords

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to print or export to pdf the iPad passwords used n Safari?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The most you could do is take screenshots of each opened password in Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Apps & Website Passwords. It would probaby be easier to just browse the and settings and write them down.

Unless it’s going to be locked up in a secure place, I don’t recomend having a printed copy of your passwords, or an unencypted password list of any type. Apps like 1Password are more convinient and far more secure.

Note: A copy of your passwords in a safe or lockbox isn’t a bad idea if you want to ensure family or trusted associates have access to your account(s) in case of accident or death. If you use a password app, then you only need to keep one password secured in this manner.

OP
T

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m just looking for a way to backup the passwords. I don’t entirely trust the iCloud. I have Lastpass but the iPad password manager is much easier to use for me.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
LastPass adds an item to your Safari "sharrow" menu, you know. Not the tightest integration, but at least it eliminates typing. On recent iPads you can use TouchID to protect LastPass, so no need to remember a master password.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
LastPass adds an item to your Safari "sharrow" menu, you know. Not the tightest integration, but at least it eliminates typing. On recent iPads you can use TouchID to protect LastPass, so no need to remember a master password.

Always remember the master password. Touch ID is a convinience, not a permanent replacement for passwords. If Touch ID fails, for any reason, that password is your only way to recover you information.

That said, 1Password works similarly. It also allows you to create an encrypted backup that can be stored in a variety of places.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Touch ID is always set up in conjunction with a password. That password is the only way to access your device if Touch ID doesn't work. Also, every few days you're required to enter your password even if you use the Touch ID feature every day. The password is also required after several days of inactivity.

Most reactions

Latest posts