What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad passwords

daddywoofdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a Ipad2,And it seems every time i do anything on it I have to log in,I have to add my password.Is there a remember me app so I don't have to stop what I'm doing to add a password every time I use a app.these aren't app passwords but apple passwords.It wants,iphoto,ipad,icloud,etc.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the free version if 1password, which covers most apps I use, esp. for those that don't gave a ' keep logged in tick box', - except Skype

Sounds also as though you need to sign into iCloud, etc., under the 'general' settings.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

If money is the issue, there are several free, yet still good, password apps available. There is usually a new thread about peoples favorite password manager every year or so. If you use search on the site you should come up with several good suggestions. My typically bad memory isn't recalling the names of the popular ones, other than the one I use.

It might be time for a 2015 thread of favorite password apps.

The things you should look for, in my opinion.

Multi-platform and sync. You don't want your passwords stuck on one device that might break, and you don't want to go to the work of keeping a separate password database on every device.

A credible company. One that has a history, and solid reviews for it's apps. History because you don't want the app going away any time soon, and good reviews because you want the app to be useable.

Has an extension in iOS, so that you can avoid having to switch back and forth between the apps and copy&pasting. You'll still end up doing that anyway, because not all apps support password extensions, but it's nice to minimize it.

I like 1Password. It's probably the most capable app suite out there, but it's also among the more expensive.

Reaction score
The reason I stored my p/w in the "notes" app on my Ipad is b/c I wanted to reduce the chance of hackers getting access to them. Who would want to hack into a "notes" app? I was reluctant to store my p/w on a website that hackers might target because of its name identifying it as a p/w storage site. Thanks for the info.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I use 1passsword. For use on the iPad I think it is/ was free, but costs for PC, Mac, etc. For my use this was quite adequate. The free version has one vault, but that can store possibly an unlimited number of passwords -I have not met a limit yet; it can also store notes, like set up details for my network access. With the PC, Mac version to accompany your iPad version you can share passwords across the different platforms.

>>I was reluctant to store my p/w on a website
Quite agree, which is why I did not try alternatives. 1password stores all the passwords locally -i.e. on my iPad.

Using it is normally simply a matter of using your fingerprint to enter the username and password to a site/ forum.

One limitation (and I think the only limitation I have come acress) is that it relies on support from other applications in order to paste the username and password into the app. That is caused by the structure and security of iOS and the apps imposed by Apple, not by the authors of 1password. Hence it doesn't work with Skype for one, but you can access your password easily with 1password and paste into the app so all passwords are still in the one place.

Support is very good at https://discussions.agilebits.com/
https://discussions.agilebits.com/
I am obviously biased but I would recommend a trial of the free version.

I hope this helps/ is of interest.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I use 1passsword. For use on the iPad I think it is/ was free, but costs for PC, Mac, etc. For my use this was quite adequate. The free version has one vault, but that can store possibly an unlimited number of passwords -I have not met a limit yet; it can also store notes, like set up details for my network access. With the PC, Mac version to accompany your iPad version you can share passwords across the different platforms.

>>I was reluctant to store my p/w on a website
Quite agree, which is why I did not try alternatives. 1password stores all the passwords locally -i.e. on my iPad.

Using it is normally simply a matter of using your fingerprint to enter the username and password to a site/ forum.

One limitation (and I think the only limitation I have come acress) is that it relies on support from other applications in order to paste the username and password into the app. That is caused by the structure and security of iOS and the apps imposed by Apple, not by the authors of 1password. Hence it doesn't work with Skype for one, but you can access your password easily with 1password and paste into the app so all passwords are still in the one place.

Support is very good at https://discussions.agilebits.com/
I am obviously biased but I would recommend a trial of the free version.

I hope this helps/ is of interest.
The basic app is free for iOS devices, but there's an in-app purchase to unlock the extra features available in the Mac and PC versions.

Most reactions

Latest posts